Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2020, 02:03 PM

Finally had a holiday

Well, more of a mini break really, we, like everyone else, have missed so much this year, our 35th wedding anniversary in April, our holiday in June, and my 60th birthday, also in June, none of which we were able to celebrate, so we’ve just got back from two nights away in Woodstock, of course we went to Blenheim palace yesterday for the day, and we were fortunate with the weather as it was lovely,( for this time of year) , a fantastic place and, if you haven’t been I would recommend it, we stayed at the feathers hotel, and virtually had the place to ourselves, lovely room, and the meals were superb, we haven’t stayed in a proper hotel for years as we normally go self catering so it was nice to be spoilt, obviously with the COVID-19 there were a few restrictions at Blenheim, but they dealt with it very well, I particularly enjoyed the interactive bit ( I won’t spoil it if anyone is thinking of visiting) it was very well done,
So at least we can say, we’ve had a break...
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2020, 02:51 PM

Re: Finally had a holiday

Good for you Primus1.

We haven't had even a short break for a couple of years at least what with one thing or another. I can't say that I'm missing holidays though.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2020, 05:13 PM

Good you got to go away even for a short while, Primus.
Daughter & I are off to Malvern on Saturday for a short break too.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2020, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Good you got to go away even for a short while, Primus.
Daughter & I are off to Malvern on Saturday for a short break too.
Nice one tiff, hope you both enjoy it
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2020, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Nice one tiff, hope you both enjoy it
Thanks Primus, at least Covid isn't too high there. We are staying in a B&B Saturday evening & going to the Malvern flea market Sunday, then home after.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2020, 07:29 PM

Glad you've been able to fit a short break in, Primus.... it all helps to recharge the batteries.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2020, 07:55 PM

WE are going up to Cromer Tommorrow 9th for a week so really looking forward to that , as we have missed two holidays this year .
Then fingers crossed going back to Norfolk in December for another week .
Smile
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2020, 08:30 PM

Sue and I missed a holiday this year as well, one i was really looking foreward to
Primus1
York

08-10-2020, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Glad you've been able to fit a short break in, Primus.... it all helps to recharge the batteries.
It certainly does mags, nice to be waited on as well..
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2020, 08:51 PM

Nice to hear that people are or have been off enjoying themselves, especially in these virus days. I'm almost envious.

The last time I had a proper holiday was in 2003. At that point I realised it was just too much hassle hanging around in airports. Stuff it

I do wish I still had the boat though. It'd be wonderful to just get in and tootle off for as long or as short I liked. Peace, tranquillity, fresh air, wildlife, freedom ... magic!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top