Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 04:23 PM

Re: Look Out! He's Behind You!

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Oh dear. It comes to something when I have to do Solly's research for him

Quote:
There have been four commercial natural gas discoveries since exploration began offshore Ireland in the early 1970s; namely the Kinsale Head, Ballycotton and Seven Heads producing gas fields off the coast of Cork and the Corrib gas field off the coast of Mayo.
EoQ

I took this quote from Google's intro to this RoI Government website.
Thanks assistant. Your work is duly noted. Please explain. Does this mean the ROI is independent for its energy?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 04:24 PM

Oh dear. It comes to something when I have to do Solly's research for him

Quote:
There have been four commercial natural gas discoveries since exploration began offshore Ireland in the early 1970s; namely the Kinsale Head, Ballycotton and Seven Heads producing gas fields off the coast of Cork and the Corrib gas field off the coast of Mayo.
EoQ

I took this quote from Google's intro to this RoI Government website.

Without other peoples opinions he wouldn't have anything to say.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
But zappy, you cannot sell gas into the EU single market. You need to be a member, or have a trade deal, which you haven't.
Frost better take that cap in hand when he welcomes barnier......
If we've got gas to to sell Solly,we've got gas to use for ourselves??
You make no sense !!
I do believe EDF has only been pretending to have problems completing our atomic power stations in order to sell us euro power??

Donkeyman!n !👎👎
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 08:49 PM

You beat me to it Shropshiregirl and more eruditely so too I might add.

One thing that Macron seems to have forgotten is that last time anyone over here looked, it was France EXPORTING energy to US, not the other way around. If he's not careful, I suspect that EdF Energy (a subsidiary of EdF* in France) could start to lose its 5.7 million customer base here.

* Owned at least in part by the French Government.
That's why I'd never use EDF on principle. I suspect that they charge us Brits over the odds to subsidise French customers.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
OMG! Little would-be Napoleon has surpassed himself since Boris politely told the EU to take a hike. He has now made it his quest to look a complete and utter idiot. He has now come out with - wait for it - the threat of an embargo on our energy unless we don’t give way to his demand for the same fishing rights in our waters. So that’s okay then, he wants to steal OUR commodity (fish) and in exchange we are allowed to SELL OUR commodity (energy) to Europe? EY????

You couldn’t make it up! How desperate must one be to have to resort to a mind-boggling threat such as this??
Perhaps he should tell Ireland of his intentions, after all, if Macron gets his wannabe embargo of our energy, Ireland better quickly get used to digging up its Peat bogs considering all the energy the UK supplies to them!

Who does the midget think he is dealing with, with his pathetic, last ditch threats? Perhaps a dose of our own by either cutting or taxing their access to our financial markets might be the kick up the backside he needs.
Methinks that would have them very worried indeed, especially while they are trying to raise the cash for their COVID fund.

Seriously though, it must be such an embarrassment to watch one of the most unpopular desperate-to-look tough, loser such as Macron, using kamikaze tactics while the rest of Europe looks on. What an idiot!
He's a pretentious popinjay. Nothing more.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
He's a pretentious popinjay. Nothing more.
Nethertheless, right on the statement that selling of british gas on the european single market is subject to having a trade deal. Simple comme toujours.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 10:11 AM

Nethertheless, right on the statement that selling of british gas on the european single market is subject to having a trade deal. Simple comme toujours.
And like we have told you, do you think the Irish will enjoy not being able to buy UK energy of any type because the UK has said so?
That's one way to lose yourselves another member (and in doing so probably light a spark for more), I will give you that.

Carry on, I say.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

19-10-2020, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
And like we have told you, do you think the Irish will enjoy not being able to buy UK energy of any type because the UK has said so?
That's one way to lose yourselves another member (and in doing so probably light a spark for more), I will give you that.

Carry on, I say.
Out for 9 months and already longing for company?

And again not well informed:

Ireland could provide itself completely with self-produced energy. The total production of all electric energy producing facilities is 29 bn kWh, which is 111% of the countries own usage. Despite this, Ireland is trading energy with foreign countries. Along with pure consumptions the production, imports and exports play an important role. Other energy sources such as natural gas or crude oil are also used. https://www.worlddata.info/europe/ir...onsumption.php
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 06:13 PM

Out for 9 months and already longing for company?

And again not well informed:

Ireland could provide itself completely with self-produced energy. The total production of all electric energy producing facilities is 29 bn kWh, which is 111% of the countries own usage. Despite this, Ireland is trading energy with foreign countries. Along with pure consumptions the production, imports and exports play an important role. Other energy sources such as natural gas or crude oil are also used. https://www.worlddata.info/europe/ir...onsumption.php
Oh dear, again you display your ignorance whilst suggesting I'm the ill-informed one: pay heed to the word "could".
You quoted it.
"Could" is not the same as "can" you know.

Zero carbon power already accounts for most of the UK's energy; are you honestly going to try and suggest that - after decades of being a net exporter and with consumption decreasing - the UK too could also be again self-reliant?

BTW your attempt to prove your point is over four years out of date.
Ireland said they could be energy-independent within ten years way back in 2008.
Has that become true?
No.
Here; disagree with an Irish energy company who I'm pretty sure know far, far more than you do.
https://selectra.ie/energy/guides/en...and-get-energy
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

19-10-2020, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Oh dear, again you display your ignorance whilst suggesting I'm the ill-informed one: pay heed to the word "could".
You quoted it.
"Could" is not the same as "can" you know.
They can, if forced by the UK not delivering. So it depends on UK honouring it's agreement with ROI to deliver.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top