Join for free
Page 10 of 23 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 11:02 PM

Re: Let's Face It Ireland Got Screwed

No, Solash, I don't pretend to know or ever understand politics and I have no intention of reading that very lonnnnng post of yours, (thanks to Mr Google no doubt) but I have lived for almost 70 years in NI.
Did you watch the Youtube link I posted? From your replies I suspect not.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Glanny ->
No, Solash, I don't pretend to know or ever understand politics and I have no intention of reading that very lonnnnng post of yours, (thanks to Mr Google no doubt) but I have lived for almost 70 years in NI.
Did you watch the Youtube link I posted? From your replies I suspect not.
Not google, british courtesy.
Of course I watched. Do you understand why theresa may negotiated the backstop? That looong post is what boris put up as equivalent alternative. It was ratified by the house of commons.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 04:35 AM

Irish unity is pretty damn inevitable. - everyone but the poor deluded Brits and their Unionist stooges can see it coming.

Why are Irish jokes so simple?

So that the English can understand them!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
Irish unity is pretty damn inevitable. - everyone but the poor deluded Brits and their Unionist stooges can see it coming.

Hi

Democracy is important.

If there is a Vote and NI Votes to join Eire, fine by me.

It would save us a mint and we could scrap the Common Travel Area.

Until there is such a vote, it remains part of the UK.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Democracy is important.

If there is a Vote and NI Votes to join Eire, fine by me.

It would save us a mint and we could scrap the Common Travel Area.

Until there is such a vote, it remains part of the UK.
Agreed.

Bear in mind, though, that people in the north of Ireland - as in Scotland - voted to stay in the EU, that result being totally ignored by Unionist MPs. Democracy, it would seem, has its limits!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 07:39 AM

Thanks for your contribution to the thread OldFogey; There's no show without Punch!.....
OldFogey
NW UK

27-07-2020, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks for your contribution to the thread OldFogey; There's no show without Punch!.....
Happy to oblige . . . Judy.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 08:51 AM

Would make more sense for the republic to join NI and the UK.
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 09:06 AM

If the people in NI decide in a referendum to unite with the ROI then I will be happy for them. It's their choice and would be just as democratic as the people of UK voting to leave the EU. In that eventuality the UK would save approx £9 billion every year - more than our net contribution to the EU. So a win for democracy and a win for the UK taxpayer.

I notice you failed to answer my question about grandchildren yesterday.
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 09:11 AM

Agreed.

Bear in mind, though, that people in the north of Ireland - as in Scotland - voted to stay in the EU, that result being totally ignored by Unionist MPs. Democracy, it would seem, has its limits!

The people in the UK voted to leave the EU. It wasn't a referendum by region. Is that so difficult for you to understand?

Page 10 of 23 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top