Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 06:18 PM

Re: Block Requests

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Couldn't agree more Art it spoils the entire point of a discussion forum !
Apologies Malcolm, I did edit and add the word 'don't' to my post. I hope it doesn't affect your post.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Apologies Malcolm, I did edit and add the word 'don't' to my post. I hope it doesn't affect your post.
Not at all Art...that's the way I read it anyhow !
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 06:43 PM

There are bits about this notice that bother me.

“ … personalities are going to clash and sometimes, some people, are going to find it incredibly difficult to get along with someone they have taken a dislike to ...”

“…If someone is winding you up/upsetting you/making your blood boil to the point where you wish they just wouldn't take part in your threads … “

“ … contact us via the Contact A Mod section to let us know the person who you would like a block with“

* How do you define “personality clash”?
* What about “taken a dislike to”?
* What you think is a “wind up” might not be one.
* Being “upset” and “your blood boiling” is often your problem.

So involving admin in such cases will often take on the sort of territorial gang-man-ship you are trying to prevent. Don't tell me you haven't noticed that some turn on the charm as soon as you enter a discussion, who'll agree and flatter you whatever you say, and who'll exclaim your farts don't stink ....... given the opportunity.

Following your advice will set in motion a series of events that will alienate other members whether they are guilty of the allegation or not and it won't take long before lines are drawn and we'll all know who's your pet and not dare disagree with them.

There is an “ignore button” already. All you need to do is use it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 07:05 PM

I agree with the ignore button
But the lines you have highlighted in bold - is how the poster sees it - not Azz or mods
I - as a poster would recognise these traits
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 07:06 PM

I don't feel I "own" a thread! I put something up for discussion and ask, " What do you think?" I don't expect everyone to agree with my views.
However, when a person takes "discussion" to a personal level and becomes belligerent, abusive or offensive, I find it insulting to everyone who has posted and tend not to continue with it.
If you block people you could end up with some deliberately posting threads about things you have strong opinions on just to annoy and frustrate.
Then you could have not only battles of will on threads but, battles of threads!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 07:09 PM

Well - you haven't got to take up the block option ......
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I don't feel I "own" a thread! I put something up for discussion and ask, " What do you think?" I don't expect everyone to agree with my views.
However, when a person takes "discussion" to a personal level and becomes belligerent, abusive or offensive, I find it insulting to everyone who has posted and tend not to continue with it.
If you block people you could end up with some deliberately posting threads about things you have strong opinions on just to annoy and frustrate.
Then you could have not only battles of will on threads but, battles of threads!
But surely if youre blocked that person then you wouldnt even see their new threads would you ? Or am I missing something important here.?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 07:12 PM

Nope, Patsy,I don't think I will!
Just imagine, you could end up talking to yourself!

You could see them if you don't log in, my phone logs me out every time I try to look at latest posts!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Thats how we should all think I think thats about right
Welshie
United Kingdom
Welshie is female  Welshie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I don't think any thread starter or poster, should be allowed to 'own' a thread and dictate who they don't want to post on the thread.
quite agree as you should be allowed to post your thoughts on a thread as no point

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top