Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 03:18 AM

Re: New online security checks exclude people without mobile phones or decent signal

Originally Posted by Realist ->
hahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahaha

breathe . . . . . .

hahahahahahahahahaahaha

Naturally once 10 fingers are up you can start using your toes

Sheesh !
It's like dealing with a child! You have already shown your total ignorance of capacitive scanning yet here you are again.

I think your tinfoil hat has fallen off or slipped over your eyes. How many people get their phone hacked twice never mind 10 times?

Come on Google some stats.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 11:25 AM

Re: New online security checks exclude people without mobile phones or decent signal

Originally Posted by Realist ->
hahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahaha

breathe . . . . . .

hahahahahahahahahaahaha

Naturally once 10 fingers are up you can start using your toes

Sheesh !
People unless afflicted only have 8 FINGERS
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
To be honest I thought it was me seeing double but on checking again it was there twice. Worse was to come though. I could have sworn that was the first post on a brand new thread, although when I checked again that first post of your thread had become a post on another thread. Talk about confused!

Then everything became clear – I read Omah's post #16 and your post #21 – duplicate threads had been started!

Just pleased that I am not going completely round the twist!
Just keeping you on your toes Baz.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 12:46 PM

I have, today, received formal notification, from Santander, of a change to the log in procedures for online banking (to use app ID or OTP) but no date for introduction has been specified .....

I'm guessing that it's 14th September, though .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 01:00 PM

Update:

Online shopping anti-fraud scheme delayed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49332023

13 August 2019

The FCA, in line with European counterparts, is easing the mid-September deadline.

The regulator said that it would not enforce the rules for a further 18 months, where providers could show evidence that they were "taking steps" to comply with the system.

A lack of preparation, complexity of the system, and the potential impact on consumers were given as reasons for the delay. The FCA will also review the way the system is planned to work.

Analysts said the decision would be met with relief in the affected industries.

Jeremy Drew, co-head of retail at law firm RPC, said: "Retailers are going to be delighted that the FCA is taking a pragmatic approach to enforcement of SCA.

"There has been real concern that some of the security solutions being offered to retailers were going to be so jarring to consumers that they would abandon purchases at the online check-out stage."
Common sense prevails, perhaps .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

09-09-2019, 03:27 PM

Scam alert: fraudsters exploit new online security checks with phishing attacks

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2019/09..._EM_070919_WK1

Watch out for fake emails taking advantage of strong customer authentication

Scammers are mimicking new security measures designed to keep you safe online, by sending fake emails that attempt to steal your banking credentials and personal data.

Banks, card providers and retailers across the EU are asking customers to provide up-to-date contact information, as part of new checks for online card payments known as strong customer authentication (SCA).

Fraudsters are imitating these messages, aiming to get hold of your details at a time when you may be expecting these requests and so let your guard down.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Scam alert: fraudsters exploit new online security checks with phishing attacks

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2019/09..._EM_070919_WK1

Watch out for fake emails taking advantage of strong customer authentication

I have already avoided several of these. If anyone wishes to change their details, log into your bank, not the link provided on the email.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 01:55 PM

It will never be a problem for me because I only order by direct voice contact with customer services from the company I wish to do business with.
Last week I rang eFoam for a set cushion core replacements; they took my name + address, the size details + type and then they quoted me the delivered price. I agreed, gave them my CC details then the code on the rear, then they advised me the signed for delivery would be in two days time together with my order number.
All very easy from my point of view and it arrived as expected :thumbup:
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Why your online payments could be blocked if you don't use a mobile phone

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2019/06...s_Money_170619

You have been warned .....
I was in NatWest yesterday and asked them about this. Was told it only applies to those who already have a mobile cell phone number registered with them. If you do not give them a number or have your existing one removed - nothing will change. Had to order a DVD from Amazon - just to check this out - and the order went through OK - no problem. Thinking this may be just because I am known to Amazon anyway - I later ordered some craft supplies from a company I had not dealt with before - that order also went through OK. Hadn't realized it applied to card use as well but had used my debit card in town yesterday - without a problem.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 12:45 PM

We bought a twenty quid PAYG phone for this purpose only.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top