Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 08:24 PM

Should Perfume And Aftershave Be Banned In Public Places?

Mrs Killjoy is here ..... As a sufferer with a bad reaction brought on from other people’s perfume. I think all perfumes and aftershaves should be banned in public places.
So many people who are perfume sensitive and allergic to the chemicals contained in them, really do suffer.

Fake or genuine, l find perfumes an intrusion to my personal space.

What do you say to that? No swear words please!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 08:28 PM

Re: Should Perfume And Aftershave Be Banned In Public Places?

Well Mrs Killjoy ... I can see your point of view, as some perfumes are pretty heavy and are like getting smothered in cheap sheep dip which leaves you gagging for breath ...but ..... no, you can't seriously ban perfumes.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Well Mrs Killjoy ... I can see your point of view, as some perfumes are pretty heavy and are like getting smothered in cheap sheep dip which leaves you gagging for breath ...but ..... no, you can't seriously ban perfumes.
I think a House Bill 1444 was either planned or brought up in parliament regarding this but they wanted perfumes banned in the workplace.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 08:52 PM

Well you live and learn.
I could imagine that with the food industry or hospitals ...all a matter of good hygiene and sanitation.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

18-12-2019, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Well you live and learn.
I could imagine that with the food industry or hospitals ...all a matter of good hygiene and sanitation.
I went to a theatre last week and a woman sitting two rows in front of me was wearing very strong perfume. There’s only so long you can hold your breath! I thought l would pass out! Honestly, that’s how badly it affects me.

I suppose, if people aren’t affected they cannot understand. I get wheezy and feel really ill. It’s the chemicals in them.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 10:12 PM

Art , I saw a post on Tripadvisor asking for hotels who don’t use air fresheners recommendations for the same reason as you .She won’t find any.
Unfortunate that some have these sensitivities isn’t it ?
Women who drown themselves in perfume when they’re going to the theatre are selfish nuisances .
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 10:36 PM

Artangel, my best friend is also sensitive to some "perfumes" and has similar reactions to you. She will start coughing and have breathing problems and nausea.
Not fun. But I don't really see how you can ban them.
I hate these plug in artificial air fresheners, yuk! It would be easier to ban them in public places but I can't see it happening.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 11:16 PM

Someone ought to invent a 'Smellometer.' Then if someone's scent is over a certain limit, they could be kicked out.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 12:12 AM

Nah. I sympathise Art but I can't see that one happening. Not in public leastways. I mean smoking hasn't even been banned in public yet has it?..And by public I mean everywhere apart from your own home - with no children or pets around - Don't think so. But the workplace is a different deal. You can't smoke, talk, smile, eat, drink (anything) tell a joke, break wind, say something nice to somebody else or even bloody sit down sometimes in workplaces these days. So I can't see why perfumes and colognes couldn't be banned. There so many people looking for work I think you tell them to come to work in a suit of armour - odourless of course - and some of them would to get a job
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 12:30 AM

The worst thing is walking through the airport and having to run the gauntlet of those ladies desperate to spritz you with a sample.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top