Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 11:05 AM

OLESEA SLAVINSKI (Cabbage Egg Pie)

Good morning all,

I thought I would put this recipe out to you. My brother’s Russian Fiancee texted it to me as it is very popular in her home, usually served with steak, chicken or salmon. It sounded really nice but it aggravates me when I cannot picture what it is meant to look like, so I went on YouTube and was pleased to find a video of the very same.

I made this last night for dinner and it went really nice with the haddock fillets with lemon and butter sauce we had. The only thing I have to find out now is how to safely reheat the half left over in the fridge!. If anyone knows the best way, I would be very grateful. I really would like to serve the remaining half so it tastes as nice as the first.

Anyway, here with the recipe. I will let the video do the talking thankfully. But promise you, it really tasted nice. Next time, I am going to add some ham cubes or bacon and perhaps serve it with some nice pork sausages.

Enjoy if you try this recipe.

INGREDIENTS

½ cabbage (about 200g, I used white cabbage)
80g flour
3 eggs
1 onion
Sunflower oil
Cheese (optional) of course I used cheese on top! Love cheese.)

METHOD

Please watch the Video.

[IMG]
[/IMG]
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 11:41 AM

Re: OLESEA SLAVINSKI (Cabbage Egg Pie)

Sounds delicious - definitely going to try it. As for reheating - pat of butter and/or a little more grated cheese - wrap in tinfoil and heat in the oven for a few minutes??
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 11:48 AM

What time is dinner shropshiregirl and I will be there!
That beats my amateur cooking any time!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 11:55 AM

This looks great I must try it !
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 04:49 PM

Hi ST, Baz and Muddy. ST, Yes, I was thinking of putting it in the oven with another bit of butter, but wasn't sure how long for. Guess it will have to be the taste test with the fork as it's reheating. (chuckle). Baz, we certainly don't need to be accomplished cooks to make this, It was so simple to do it was amazing how the finished result came out. Muddy, Thank goodness for YouTube and how the finished result should look, otherwise I wouldn't have known whether I had done it successfully or not, even though it was delicious all the same. Hope any of you enjoy it if you decide to use the recipe. x
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Hi ST, Baz and Muddy. ST, Yes, I was thinking of putting it in the oven with another bit of butter, but wasn't sure how long for. Guess it will have to be the taste test with the fork as it's reheating. (chuckle). Baz, we certainly don't need to be accomplished cooks to make this, It was so simple to do it was amazing how the finished result came out. Muddy, Thank goodness for YouTube and how the finished result should look, otherwise I wouldn't have known whether I had done it successfully or not, even though it was delicious all the same. Hope any of you enjoy it if you decide to use the recipe. x
You've never seen me in the kitchen, that's obvious! A self-taught 'cook' when I found myself having to cook for myself. The 'housekeeper' took the day off and never returned! Never done any cooking before but here I am still alive after quite a time so I must have done something right I guess.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 10:19 PM

That looks nice, I'll try it when I can get out for a cabbage.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top