Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 04:14 PM

Re: The Beginning of The End!

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
You know, I thought there was something very wrong with Solasch's list - now I can see why. Thanks, Bread, I should have realised it was outdated clap-trap from the FT.

I'd like to throw in a couple of points as well here if you don't mind.

Firstly, the European Medicines Agency had to close its UK office because it is an EU agency, and we're not in the EU any longer. Besides, almost every one of the 900 staff were offered relocation packages if they wanted to transfer with the company.

Secondly, the European Banking Authority closed its Canary Wharf office for EXACTLY the same reason.
Another brilliant post Percy
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 04:25 PM

Hi

We are out at the end of Transition this year.

I am all in favour of Leaving, the EU is simply not for me.

Whether or not we make a Financial Success of it is down to our Government.

In other words, Boris.

He has to deliver on his promises.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We are out at the end of Transition this year.

I am all in favour of Leaving, the EU is simply not for me.

Whether or not we make a Financial Success of it is down to our Government.

In other words, Boris.

He has to deliver on his promises.
This will be the 3rd time I've agreed with you, Swimmy.

Help !!!!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
You know, I thought there was something very wrong with Solasch's list - now I can see why. Thanks, Bread, I should have realised it was outdated clap-trap from the FT.

I'd like to throw in a couple of points as well here if you don't mind.

Firstly, the European Medicines Agency had to close its UK office because it is an EU agency, and we're not in the EU any longer. Besides, almost every one of the 900 staff were offered relocation packages if they wanted to transfer with the company.

Secondly, the European Banking Authority closed its Canary Wharf office for EXACTLY the same reason.

In your opinion perce, the european space agency will be leaving the UK during or after the transition period?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

20-07-2020, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
In your opinion perce, the european space agency will be leaving the UK during or after the transition period?
Its actually expanding in the UK.

Despite Brexit ... (although the ESA is nothing to do with the EU, but you knew that right )
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

Despite Brexit ... (although the ESA is nothing to do with the EU, but you knew that right )
Absolutely 100% correct, The ESA is staying in the UK and Solasch is talking rubbish as per. The ESA is opening a new business centre in Leicester, which I'm sure I posted about a couple of weeks ago. Here's another link to it: https://le.ac.uk/news/2020/june/esa-boost-space-park
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

I knew, but was wondering if perce considered everything with "european" in it's name a part of the EU. You warned him just in time

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top