Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 02:54 PM

Perry Mason 2020

Had a quick peep at this late last night on Sky Atlantic, and it does'nt look at all bad.A million miles away from the original series with Raymond Burr, which I remember as being a bit predictable and boring. This is set in the early 30s, with Matthew Rhys as Mason. John Lithgow also pops up as a shady lawyer. Wonderfully seedy and cynical, with plenty of swearing, (Well it is HBO!) I'm looking forward to getting stuck into the series.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 03:13 PM

Re: Perry Mason 2020

We've watched this from the start and are having difficulty in following it because some of the actors and actresses mumble their lines.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
We've watched this from the start and are having difficulty in following it because some of the actors and actresses mumble their lines.
Fortunately there are subtitles, otherwise I would have given this one a swerve.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 04:06 PM

I'm watching it,look forward to the next episode,also for a heads up,Succession is worth a watch,but the language is strong.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 04:30 PM

Is this the one where he is in a wheelchair?
Percy Vere
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Is this the one where he is in a wheelchair?
No, that's Ironside, the lawyer. Two completely different characters played by the same actor (Raymond Burr).
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 05:05 PM

I tried it, only because I love John Lithgow.
I thought it was horrible!
Why call it Perry Mason if it's nothing like the original. They could have called something else.
Too violent etc. for me and the mumbling...

Disappointed of Cheeseville.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 10:11 PM

No, that's Ironside, the lawyer. Two completely different characters played by the same actor (Raymond Burr).
Thank you, PV, I had a feeling I was on the wrong track.
Percy Vere

13-07-2020, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I tried it, only because I love John Lithgow.
I thought it was horrible!
Why call it Perry Mason if it's nothing like the original. They could have called something else.
Too violent etc. for me and the mumbling...

Disappointed of Cheeseville.
Here's a link to the official website, TessA. It sort of explains why things are different to how we remember them from the Raymond Burr days.

https://www.hbo.com/perry-mason
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 03:56 PM

Here's a link to the official website, TessA. It sort of explains why things are different to how we remember them from the Raymond Burr days.

https://www.hbo.com/perry-mason
They should have called the old one something else then!
I expect things were more genteel then.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top