Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 07:26 PM

Re: This Looks Good... ‘The Deceived’....Tonight Ch 5, At 9pm.

... as my chin ayes friend, Sum Ting Wong would say.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 12:16 AM

It may well be just me, but after waiting with anticipation for this to start, I couldn't get into it at all, so I was disappointed in the end.

I could hardly understand a word the bloke with the beard was saying. Talk about mumble.

It wasn't just his accent, it was all the hair round his mouth and he also kept putting his head down to mumble, so I couldn't make out what he was saying.
I lost interest in the end.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It may well be just me, but after waiting with anticipation for this to start, I couldn't get into it at all, so I was disappointed in the end.

I could hardly understand a word the bloke with the beard was saying. Talk about mumble.

It wasn't just his accent, it was all the hair round his mouth and he also kept putting his head down to mumble, so I couldn't make out what he was saying.
Well we watched the first episode and found it quite interesting and potentially a scary film.

With three more episodes, I think it's looking promising, though I hope it doesn't turn out to be one of these rather long (four hours) and consequentially slow offerings.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well we watched the first episode and found it quite interesting and potentially a scary film.

With three more episodes, I think it's looking promising, though I hope it doesn't turn out to be one of these rather long (four hours) and consequentially slow offerings.

I take it you must have understood what the bearded one was saying then JBR?
Blowed if I could, and my hearing is good. I couldn't even look at him and try to lip read because his beard and moustache was nearly in his mouth!
Pity, I do enjoy a good drama, but this one wasn't for me.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 11:18 AM

So it's just not Me then,I thought My hearing was going...I hate when Actors whisper and mumble...puts Me right off,so I didn't watch the rest of it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 12:36 PM

Blowed if I could, and my hearing is good. I couldn't even look at him and try to lip read because his beard and moustache was nearly in his mouth!
Oh, I wouldn't go that far.

In fact, I find that most of today's actors have a problem with clear speech.

I've mentioned before, the old black and white films I watched on the Talking Pictures channel are as clear as a bell, presumably because the actors of old were taught how to project their voices.

Today's actors only need to look the part and most lack the necessary skills!

In fact, I suppose the problem must also extend to include the director and sound people.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 03:16 PM

Watched Pt 1 last night and sort of enjoyed it (I'm not really a fan of psychological thrillers). It had a touch of Jane Eyre about it (locked room, tapping sounds).
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

04-08-2020, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oh, I wouldn't go that far.

In fact, I find that most of today's actors have a problem with clear speech.

I've mentioned before, the old black and white films I watched on the Talking Pictures channel are as clear as a bell, presumably because the actors of old were taught how to project their voices.

Today's actors only need to look the part and most lack the necessary skills!

In fact, I suppose the problem must also extend to include the director and sound people.

I found the Irish accent a bit difficult to follow, too.
It's only the bearded bloke who mutters though, I can understand the women alright.

I have two friends who are Irish, and sometimes I don't quite catch what they have said either.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2020, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
So it's just not Me then,I thought My hearing was going...I hate when Actors whisper and mumble...puts Me right off,so I didn't watch the rest of it.
Do you not have the subtitles on? We have them on all the time. Mrs LD struggles a bit with her hearing, mine is fine but it is very useful for understanding what the mumblers say, even those with scary haircuts. What the hell was his hair all about?

I thought it was 'ok'. If there was something else on I would probably watch that instead.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2020, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Do you not have the subtitles on? We have them on all the time. Mrs LD struggles a bit with her hearing, mine is fine but it is very useful for understanding what the mumblers say, even those with scary haircuts. What the hell was his hair all about?

I thought it was 'ok'. If there was something else on I would probably watch that instead.
No,My hearing's perfect..but My eyesight's crap...cataracts!...so subtitles are out....I just resort to shouting at the actors..."speak up and stop mumbling"

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top