Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 01:53 PM

Simon Cowell's accident

Just heard on the lunchtime news that Simon Cowell has had an accident and is in hospital with a broken back. I believe it said there are multiple breaks.

Apparently he has had to have a metal rod put in, after falling off an electric bike at his home in Malibu.

Poor bloke, that's going to take a while to mend I bet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53719783
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 02:01 PM

Re: Simon Cowell's accident

I remember Gloria Estafan having the same thing done with rods in a broken back.

It's amazing what they do thesedays.

Quote.
The 60-year-old said he should have "read the manual" before riding it.
Hmm ... I guess it's easy done.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 02:04 PM

I read, that it was a new electric bike costing £3000 and he was testing it in the courtyard of his Malibu home.
At 60 years of age, it seems he was showing his six year old son how he could do ‘wheelies’ on it!!

His new show will be coming out soon, so all bad publicity is good publicity!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 02:35 PM

Yep, daft bloke showing off. No sympathy here!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 02:58 PM

Metal rod inserted to tie 3 vertebrae together. Sounds to me like he's had a visit from Prof Noel Fitzpatrick the TV vet.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Metal rod inserted to tie 3 vertebrae together. Sounds to me like he's had a visit from Prof Noel Fitzpatrick the TV vet.
He couldnt get a better bone man imo Percy??

Donkeyman! 👍👍😁😁👍👍
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 11:58 PM

Well you are a mean spirited lot!
What's the poor bloke ever done to you?

I admit I'm not his biggest fan, and at times I could cheerfully give him a slap, but I think he's mellowed no end since he became a Father, he seems to dote on yong Eric.
He also quietly does a lot for charities too, and doesn't boast about it like most celebs do just for publicity.

As for his 'showing off to his son', - what man doesn't show off when he's got a new 'toy'?

Like him or not, he must be a very worried man about his future at the moment I should think, and I certainly wouldn't want to have my back broken just for playing silly beggars on a bike with my own kid!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 12:16 AM

Mups, l was only repeating what Nick Ferrari said about him doing wheelies.
I don’t dislike Simon Cowell at all and wasn’t being mean spirited.

Latest reports are saying it was not an electric bicycle, it was a motorbike!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

11-08-2020, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mups, l was only repeating what Nick Ferrari said about him doing wheelies.
I don’t dislike Simon Cowell at all and wasn’t being mean spirited.

Latest reports are saying it was not an electric bicycle, it was a motorbike!!

I don't know what it was, all I know is they had a bloke on the news tonight showing the type of electric bike and how there is not much to go wrong with them.

As for publicity for his show, I might well be wrong, but I thought it said in the paper recently rhat because of Covid it had all been put back?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 12:31 AM

Can't the man myself - but would not wish that kind of accident on anyone. Poor chap. I hope he makes a good recovery.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top