Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2009, 10:48 PM

Re: Flu jabs - do you get them?

Originally Posted by moetmum ->
Noooooo, I would never ever volunteer for anything that involves sticking a needle in you
You and me both!!
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2009, 01:27 PM

Just found out Mags, in our local health centre they have started booking appointments for the normal seasonal flu vaccination from the beginning of October. My cousin has her appointment for the 3rd of October, and in a few weeks time I shall put in for mine and my husband's. We have one every year. They are completely safe but they are just the normal seasonal flu ones. So I should imagine yours should be in soon
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2009, 01:36 PM

I took the jab every year for 10 years until 3 years ago, now I don't bother, if you're gonna get it you'll get it, . . . they tell you it's not protection from new strains anyways.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2009, 03:17 PM

I received my letter today, my appointment is booked for October 14th.

The Swine flu jab is offered at another appointment if your doctor thinks it's necessary for you to have one ......... I will decline that one
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2009, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Moli ->
You and me both!!

Same here, Moli! Supposedly they don't hurt, but they do if a) you're needle -phobic, b) a coward and c) have a low pain threshold!
Vicki
Croydon, Surrey
Vicki is female 

20-09-2009, 12:18 PM

Yep! I'm diabetic so am encouraged to do so. Funny thing is, they never hurt when you have them done, but a fews hours later your arm feels like it's been punched by Mike Tyson!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2009, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Vicki ->
Yep! I'm diabetic so am encouraged to do so. Funny thing is, they never hurt when you have them done, but a fews hours later your arm feels like it's been punched by Mike Tyson!
Same here Vicki, I never feel anything until later ......a dull ache but it doesn't last long
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2009, 08:34 PM

I don't think I will be having the Flu jab but might change my mind Hubby has one every year due to health problems .. They don't scare me though I would rather have 20 jabs to one spoonful of medicine if they could put that in my veins it would be fine but I have a phobia of medicine and if I have a dose I bring it staight back up ... You really wanted to know that didn't you
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2009, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Vicki ->
Ouch! Thanks, yet another reason why I'm NOT getting a flu shot!
cathy
essex
cathy is female  cathy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2009, 11:31 PM

i have the flu jab every year. i also had the pneumonia 1 a few yrs back.
and the doc wants us to have the swine flu one when it comes out, (we are in the at risk list)
dont bother me now.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top