Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2009, 10:11 PM

War of the Worlds (Richard Burton)

Calismum
Scotland
Calismum is female  Calismum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2009, 10:21 PM

Re: War of the Worlds (Richard Burton)

Love this - got the CD and often play it in the car on long journies.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2009, 07:39 AM

I also love WOTW. I have the cd too.

I heard on the local radio that there is going to be a stage version coming to Brighton, I got quite excited but have no-one to go with. Jeff Wayne will be there too. Richard Burton's recording is included, another man with a lovely voice.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2009, 10:40 AM

RB reading Under Milk Wood is just to die for.

I heard a bit of him doing WotW on a recent radio programme when they were discussing the 70s genre for epic CD sagas like that and Journey to the Centre of the Earth. They talked about the staging of a Rick Wakeman spectacular (on ice!) with the court of King Arthur. It was very funny

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top