Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2015, 11:54 PM

Fancy an Apple Mac?

But always thought they were too expensive?

You can get the Mac mini for just £367 from Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-MGEM2B...07BZ16V46B9WV4

All you need is a keyboard, mouse and monitor
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 01:20 AM

Re: Fancy an Apple Mac?

"Fancy an Apple Mac?"

Nope. Never fancied any of Apple's computer offerings. Why? Because they insist on using proprietary standards and protocols in order to make you pay for things that should be freely available.

They pushed iTunes when the rest of the world was using .WAV and .MP3 files freely. Apple's products locked you into THEIR formats of music files.

Then come the cables. Apple has had a habit of always selling you proprietary cables when there is no need to. It's money for nothing and I bet their chick are free too !

Apple PCs never interested me because their operating systems resulted in the need for software producers to develop special software versions to work on the Macs. Quite often a piece of software would not have a Mac version. It was the age old situation of VHS vs BETAMAX.
Stupid really. Apple should have just complied with the rest of the world free standards and just produced beautiful eye-catching products (which is where their skill lies). Instead they tried to impose their own standards on the world.

When Apple quit the silly proprietary crap, I'll become interested in their products. As it is, I have no Apple Macs, no iPods, no iPhones and no iPads.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 01:29 AM

I'm on my second Mac Mini, so convenient and takes up so little space on your desk.

After using a PC for a couple of years, I was introduced to a Mac .... I'll admit rather reluctantly at first . Now I wouldn't use anything else and find Macs to be more straightforward to use than PCs.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 01:48 AM

they're more reliable too!
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 02:25 AM

We've had this discussion on here before but we're a total Mac household and despite what anyone else says - and even if what they say is right - I don't care. I love my Macs (desktop, iPad, iPod, iPhone and Apple TV) and would never go back to anything else.

I work part-time sub-editing and have to use the PC there but don't like it one bit by comparison. Each to his own.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
they're more reliable too!
The evidence for that being?

Their business model is Make it as cheap as possible, sell it as expensive as possible - not that there is anything wrong with that but why take part when you can get products better made and with more features for less money.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 03:41 AM

Though I do like the apple watch. Enviromentally friendly.

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 11:30 AM

Too expensive for me = even at that price which is well over what we pay for laptops that do the job perfectly well for us.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 12:00 PM

Might be cheap to some but not to me,add in the factor of compatibility with my software i will give it a wide berth.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 06:24 PM

I have two (secondhand) Macmini’s and I love them, my Son got them for me as he works servicing computers and comes across secondhand bargains now and again, they cost 200 and 250 euros, I have one hitched up to the big TV downstairs and one to the TV upstairs, I find they are very reliable and easy to work with for a computer dummy like me. I use wireless mouse and keyboards and I’m on the lookout for another more up to date Macmini, they are so conveniently neat and give such a great performance. You can set one up on any TV set anywhere, I often take a Mac mini out to the shed and use it on an old TV I have there.

That same brand new Mac mini in the picture costs 519 euros (£366) in the Apple shop over here with free delivery.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top