Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 09:40 PM

Re: How to get rid of Pop-ups

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I use both Malwarebytes and SuperantiSpyware and rarely have any issues
By this do you mean you have paid subscriptions?

I ask because the only time I downloaded the trial/demo version of malwarebytes, magically a message about malware appeared a few days later. Prior to this I had never experienced any issues. I have never touched it since.

It is my belief that virus software and malware checkers are nothing more than a legalised protection rackett. Buy our software or else you'll get viruses and malware, and guess who developed those in the first place. It's big business.

Such racketts are prevalent everywhere. Take BT for example. We are all plagued day and night by tele-sales calls, marketing calls and scam calls. BT COULD if they wished simply block all such numbers at source but instead they offre that as a payable service to punters. Buy our service or suffer the calls. Another legalised protection rackett. Such is the world we live in.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 09:47 PM

I use the free versions recommended on several computer help sites
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 09:58 PM

Sue I have found this on a help site wonder if it might help you http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/foru...tplacecom-etc/ they explain what you have a couple of posts down.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2015, 09:14 AM

Am now in the proverbial fog! Yes Julie, that link is exactly what I have appearing (as well as the pop-ups) but I shall have to sit and follow instructions to get rid of the blue underlined words. As to the pop-ups, seems to be conflicting advice - system restore/no system restore; I've run a scan and thought I'd disposed of the intruders/ but they are still here; so I think I'm going to have to call in the cavalry!! Will let you know what happens, but in the meantime many thanks for trying to help.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2015, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
By this do you mean you have paid subscriptions?

I ask because the only time I downloaded the trial/demo version of malwarebytes, magically a message about malware appeared a few days later. Prior to this I had never experienced any issues. I have never touched it since.

It is my belief that virus software and malware checkers are nothing more than a legalised protection rackett. Buy our software or else you'll get viruses and malware, and guess who developed those in the first place. It's big business.

Such racketts are prevalent everywhere. Take BT for example. We are all plagued day and night by tele-sales calls, marketing calls and scam calls. BT COULD if they wished simply block all such numbers at source but instead they offre that as a payable service to punters. Buy our service or suffer the calls. Another legalised protection rackett. Such is the world we live in.
Ive used the free versions and have experienced no bother at all, never been bombarded by any hard sales
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2015, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Ive used the free versions and have experienced no bother at all, never been bombarded by any hard sales
I believe the free version is no longer available.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2015, 07:25 PM

yes it is, it can be downloaded from their site here
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2015, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
yes it is, it can be downloaded from their site here
Yes it is still available, the chap who told me you that now have to pay after 2 weeks downloaded the wrong version.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2015, 12:25 AM

What is puzzling me is that only this site seems to be affected. (Still haven't had a chance to sit down and have a go at removing offended items - will have to be tomorrow now........................) but thank you all for bothering to answer.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top