Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2015, 05:13 PM

Re: Texts

Oh that made me laugh. Its predictive text that I keep my eye on, all sorts of different things appear to what you actually typed.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2015, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Marj ->
Oh that made me laugh. Its predictive text that I keep my eye on, all sorts of different things appear to what you actually typed.
That is so true! I look back at what I've 'typed' on the iPad and iPhone and think 'that wasn't the intended word'.

Yesterday I emailed our chair about a problem at the allotment and called him Bran! (Thankfully he didn't pull me up about it!)
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2015, 11:58 AM

I text my hubby on an old type mobile i have in the morning at work, i never carry my glasses with me and sometimes, i get a shouting text back. WILL YOU PUT YOUR GLASSES ON! It's only when i get home from work and read what i've text and i realise why he's annoyed.. lol
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2015, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
That is so true! I look back at what I've 'typed' on the iPad and iPhone and think 'that wasn't the intended word'.

Yesterday I emailed our chair about a problem at the allotment and called him Bran! (Thankfully he didn't pull me up about it!)
My daughter and I laugh and laugh over one that a work colleague sent and she was shown, it was sooooo funny but sooo rude (it wasn't meant to be) it was so bad I cant even put it on here
Needless to say she checks and double checks now before pressing send.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Marj ->
My daughter and I laugh and laugh over one that a work colleague sent and she was shown, it was sooooo funny but sooo rude (it wasn't meant to be) it was so bad I cant even put it on here
Needless to say she checks and double checks now before pressing send.
Ohhhh! Intrigued now.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Ohhhh! Intrigued now.
Me too
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 01:32 PM

Not related to texts, but this reminded me of a great giggle I had with my mother some years ago. She was trying to record her message for her answer machine and had 'x' number of seconds in which to speak. She wanted to end the greeting with, "If you'd like me to ring back, just leave your message after the tone."
The first time we tried to record it, the time constraint cut her off in mid flow, so it ended with "If you'd like me to ring back, just…"

It's not so funny written down, but at the time we both started giggling at the thought that the implication was rather rude…(Think four-letter word followed by off!)
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Not related to texts, but this reminded me of a great giggle I had with my mother some years ago. She was trying to record her message for her answer machine and had 'x' number of seconds in which to speak. She wanted to end the greeting with, "If you'd like me to ring back, just leave your message after the tone."
The first time we tried to record it, the time constraint cut her off in mid flow, so it ended with "If you'd like me to ring back, just…"

It's not so funny written down, but at the time we both started giggling at the thought that the implication was rather rude…(Think four-letter word followed by off!)
No wonder you both had a giggle Orang! I've had a giggle at that too

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top