Join for free
floradora
New Member!
Oxford, UK
floradora is female 

20-05-2015, 08:59 PM

Icon for iPad?

Is it possible to create an icon for this site on iPad for easy access?
floradora
New Member!
Oxford, UK
floradora is female 

20-05-2015, 10:50 PM

Re: Icon for iPad?

Does anyone know if it is possible to down load an app for this site on iPad?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 11:04 PM

I'm using Ipad i dont think there is one.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 08:06 AM

I've never known forums to have apps, apart from the obvious social media ones like FB and Twitter. We are a smaller audience so I don't think it'd ever get off the ground.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 09:41 AM

Do you have a drop down menu at the top to click on?
It should bring down a whole list of options...new tab, bookmarks, history, recent tabs, share, settings etc etc?
On my Google Nexus it's three vertical dots.

There should be an option 'add to home screen' and if you click on that then the site you're currently visiting will automatically add an icon to your screen for easy access.

The icon for this site is a pale grey square with a smaller dark grey square within it and a white 50 within that.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Do you have a drop down menu at the top to click on?
It should bring down a whole list of options...new tab, bookmarks, history, recent tabs, share, settings etc etc?
On my Google Nexus it's three vertical dots.

There should be an option 'add to home screen' and if you click on that then the site you're currently visiting will automatically add an icon to your screen for easy access.

The icon for this site is a pale grey square with a smaller dark grey square within it and a white 50 within that.
I take that back!! Thanks, just done it on my iPad, by pressing the arrow in the square at the top. There will be the options.

Just a tip...make sure you're on the home screen before doing so, otherwise the icon will be for the page you on currently. I had to delete and start again.

Thanks ruthio. Thumbs up.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top