Join for free
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 02:57 PM

WindApp

I have desktop,laptop, and I have bought a few weeks ago notebook I think its called, like a small laptop.
My daughter set it up for me and there was all sorts of pop ups and adverts appearing on screen, she said a lot of rubbish can be installed on them and by-gum there was. There is one that I can not get shut of, its called WindApp, if I click to uninstall it doesn't uninstall it starts to load, every 2 days it appears saying its an update and I minimise it till I have finished then on shutting down it says this WindApp is stopping shutdown, I then click shutdown anyway, and everything is ok till next time.
It doesn't appear to be doing or interrupting anything while I am online, but I don't want it, does anyone know an easy way as I am not brill on technology.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 03:05 PM

Re: WindApp

Hi Marj Windapp is nasty 'adware 'and you need to get rid of it . I don't know about notebooks, what browser do you use..

Something like Malwarebites may get rid of it there is a step guide here for various browsers..

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/ads-by-windapp-removal/
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 03:07 PM

Try also putting remove Windapp and your browser and operating system into Google so mine would be ......
Chrome/Windows 8.1 remove Windapp .
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Try also putting remove Windapp and your browser and operating system into Google so mine would be ......
Chrome/Windows 8.1 remove Windapp .
Thank you, I copied and pasted the above and it told me how to get shut of it, it would seem in needs someone more savvy than me so I have saved it and will get my daughter to do it for me.
Thank you for your help.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 04:08 PM

Might be a good idea to get someone even more savvy than your daughter to check whether any other 'nastie's are on it. Probably find there are.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

21-05-2015, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Marj ->
Thank you, I copied and pasted the above and it told me how to get shut of it, it would seem in needs someone more savvy than me so I have saved it and will get my daughter to do it for me.
Thank you for your help.
..they are devils these things just like the toolbars that insinuate themselves upon you without your permission.
I have been know to sit up half the night removing one I will not have them sitting there doing what they like with my computer.
Marj
England

21-05-2015, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Might be a good idea to get someone even more savvy than your daughter to check whether any other 'nastie's are on it. Probably find there are.
There was a lot of nasties on it even a virus and it was brand new from Currys.
Norton antivirus was finding high risk things and getting shut for a good 3 weeks, now everything sorted and I scan daily but just this WindApp thing, that Norton never finds anything wrong about it.
Doesn't do anything and I wont update it, it just comes every 2 days as if it wants you to update.
Thank you for your input.
Marj
England

21-05-2015, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
..they are devils these things just like the toolbars that insinuate themselves upon you without your permission.
I have been know to sit up half the night removing one I will not have them sitting there doing what they like with my computer.
You are so right Meg, I hate to have anything wrong at all and it frustrates me when I cant sort things out.

Thanks again, it was helpful.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top