Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 10:37 AM

Re: Is this a scam Email

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Patsy that is not a reliable test.
Well I know that now - thanks to your link
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Banks will never send anything important by email.

Delete delete delete
The only message in her email was that there was an e-document for her, that's where the message would be and to access it she would have to log on to her bank's website - perfectly safe.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Received an Email headed - New eDocument arrived - followed by my name - anyone else received this ?
I'd probably dump it via the Spam Folder ASAP.

If it's someone that I know why the mystery? stevmk2
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 11:41 AM

Received an Email headed - New eDocument arrived - followed by my name - anyone else received this ?
I have just hovered over eDocument and it showed my bank !
So I went into my bank and they mentioned eDocument, I then opened the email and all OK - I think they should have made it clear it was from them - don't you .................
Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
The only message in her email was that there was an e-document for her, that's where the message would be and to access it she would have to log on to her bank's website - perfectly safe.
I don't agree Alan. I think it's a very dodgy way for any reputable bank to behave. I would definitely call the bank and question then about their methods. Certainly never click on any link.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 11:48 AM

I don't agree Alan. I think it's a very dodgy way for any reputable bank to behave. I would definitely call the bank and question then about their methods. Certainly never click on any link.
I get these messages from my bank from time to time and I have every confidence that they are genuine. The message is always in the e-document and to get to that I have to log into my bank's website and not through a link, as I said before, perfectly safe.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 12:02 PM

I get these messages from my bank from time to time and I have every confidence that they are genuine. The message is always in the e-document and to get to that I have to log into my bank's website, as I said before, perfectly safe.
So do I Alan but they are obviously from my Banks.

From Patsy's post it wasn't that obvious so I side with ruthio. stevmk2
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 12:40 PM

I get these messages from my bank from time to time and I have every confidence that they are genuine. The message is always in the e-document and to get to that I have to log into my bank's website and not through a link, as I said before, perfectly safe.
Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
So do I Alan but they are obviously from my Banks.

From Patsy's post it wasn't that obvious so I side with ruthio. stevmk2
That's the point isn't it? That you KNOW it's from your bank because presumably the bank's name is there in the title/subject of the email.

But...check this out...I've called my bank before now to check out an email that SEEMS to have come from them, the bank's name in the title/subject, only to find they then want my account details, or there's some link to click, so that its then obviously a scam, and they've reassured me that they would never contact customers in this way!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK

22-05-2015, 12:55 PM

That's the point isn't it? That you KNOW it's from your bank because presumably the bank's name is there in the title/subject of the email.

But...check this out...I've called my bank before now to check out an email that SEEMS to have come from them, the bank's name in the title/subject, only to find they then want my account details, or there's some link to click, so that its then obviously a scam, and they've reassured me that they would never contact customers in this way!
I'm also with Santander and they NEVER send a message via email apart from telling you that there's a message in your e-documents. Furthermore they NEVER ask you for your bank details, why should they, they know them anyway.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 12:56 PM

If I have any queries re' My on-line Banking,I just give My Local Branch a ring or pay Them a visit...Best to be reassured Patsy x
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
If I have any queries re' My on-line Banking,I just give My Local Branch a ring or pay Them a visit...Best to be reassured Patsy x
Its resolved now thanks May

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top