Join for free
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2015, 05:42 PM

Kindle fire tablets

My computer laptop broke and don't want to pay large bill for repair. 6 months ago work bought me a kindle fire tablet as retirement gift. So I started using that in February. Well on Sunday it died on me, I took it back to currys, the sales assistant told me they never last ,in fact I was the 5th that day to return one. I have exchanged it for a Samsung galaxy tab 4 . Now I'm trying to understand this one as no instructions come with it. I've managed to find this site again and log in , thank goodness. I've also taken out two years currys insurance on this one.

Does anyone else have the above.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2015, 05:53 PM

Re: Kindle fire tablets

Yes I got one for Hubby ,not the easiest to understand,but he has never used one before ..
It takes great photos , better than my Apple Ipad,
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2015, 06:39 PM

Hi Sue Google 'Galaxy tab 4 instructions' for help..
I don't know if this is any use to you..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICADsYW4ha0
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2015, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I've also taken out two years currys insurance on this one.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the Curry's insurance was a waste of money. I highlight this solely so you (and others) will know for future purchases.

Why is this?

Because in the EU, a TWO YEAR GUARANTEE (minimum) applies for the sale of all consumer goods (Directive 1999/44/EC).

Not everyone is aware of this sadly but more and more are cottoning on.

So, irrespective of what guarantee/warranty Curry's or any other retailer say they are offering as part of the deal, the fact that the UK is part of the EU means that THEY MUST guarantee all goods for 2 years regardless.

Thus buying a 2 year warranty from them is pointless. You are paying for something that you get for free being part of the EU. You might want to go back to them and get a refund for that warranty.

EU Directive link here:
(See page 7)
http://ec.europa.eu/archives/publica...4/index_en.htm

ATB
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2015, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Well on Sunday it died on me
Now own up: you dropped it ... right?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2015, 05:24 AM

Susan I have the Samsung Galaxy 4 as well, and it's a great machine that is a pleasure to use when compared with the Apple ipad, so a great choice for your hubs I would say. I also have a Kindle Fire which was my first tablet and I still use it for reading as I find the size more convenien for that purpose, sorry to hear yours died prematurely.....
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2015, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Now own up: you dropped it ... right?
I say this because my brother in law went through about 4 Kindles whereas I still have my original. He dropped them a few times and sat on them other times. Not good.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2015, 08:31 AM

Thanks meg , appreciate that. Will take a look. Honestly guys I didn't drop or sit on it ! regarding the insurance payment I may well go back and tell them . Thanks all X

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top