Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2015, 08:26 PM

Help! Click and Drag problem

Can anyone help me with the problem I am having today with my touchpad?

Whenever I click and drag the screen resolution changes, it starts to zoom (at the moment it has zoomed to 125%) or the screen jumps down to the bottom!!!

My laptop is a Sony Vaio. I have Windows 8.1 and use Google Chrome.

I don't know if its a coincidence or not but it has only happened since I had a windows update last night.

Doing the jigsaw on the games board has been impossible today!!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2015, 08:35 PM

Re: Help! Click and Drag problem

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->

Whenever I click and drag the screen resolution changes, it starts to zoom (at the moment it has zoomed to 125%) or the screen jumps down to the bottom!!!

I don't know if its a coincidence or not but it has only happened since I had a windows update last night.

Not being an expert on these things I'd be very suspicious of the Windows Update.

Can you go back to a previous time-point before that update and try it or is that a bit beyond you?

Must admit, I can't remember all the stuff myself at the moment.........

My youngest's an IT boffin down in Devon and 70% of his time lately is rectifying Windows 8 glitches he says.......worrying.......................stevmk2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2015, 08:43 PM

Hi Joy have you deleted your cookies and temp files lately.
That is usually the first thing I do if there is a problem..
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2015, 08:46 PM

I fink you need to mess with the mouse settings ...

Multi-touch gesture controls .

Careful it could blow
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2015, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I fink you need to mess with the mouse settings ...

Multi-touch gesture controls .

Careful it could blow
Thanks Mark. What I really need to do, I think, is turn the multi-touch controls off! I remember doing that when I first got the computer and I'm wondering if I've accidentally switched it back on.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2015, 08:53 PM

Thanks Mark. What I really need to do, I think, is turn the multi-touch controls off!
Watch the vid as it will show you how to turn them off if that is what you want: the location of the settings.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

28-05-2015, 08:55 PM

Thank you Steve and Meg for your suggestions. System restore usually sorts me out with problems so might give that a try. I will try deleting my cookies and temp files first and see what happens.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

28-05-2015, 11:58 PM

I seem to have solved it!!!!! It was the touch pad but it took a lot of research to find out how to switch off the multi touch gestures off! I must have somehow turned them on but don't know how!! How anyone can ever get used to those, I will never know. Maybe gamers!!!!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 08:23 PM

I don't mind a touch pad, just as long as there remains the left click and right click buttons on the unit.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 07:30 PM

This happens to me nearly every day at some point !! it often zooms up to 150% and often the other way down to 75% and I'm not cliking and dragging I put it down to just dragging my fingers at the wrong time I then have to just reset ! tell you something else that annoys me I have HP laptop and often when I am going to top x other tools zoom out from the side, think it has a mind of its own

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top