Join for free
Page 26 of 32 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 12:56 PM

Re: Flora,Fauna,Funghi 'n fings

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
They are getting a pest in Sydney CBD not so much here but being quite a big bird they do larger poops (not as bad as a pelican though - that it like having a flying horse shit on you).

This was taken a while earlier in the same park - the other birds (the Corellas) in the picture are becoming a pest in some country towns by sheer weight of numbers.

You'll have to forgive these photos as they are just snapped with my phone.
We, us birders, would be delighted here to see either bird as we don't get those at all.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 01:03 PM

A wild flower....

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 03:49 PM

Butterfly on the window.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010538(2).jpg
Views:	50
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	10141  
toners
Cheshire
toners is male  toners has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Butterfly on the window.
Well spotted Tiffany (no pun intended)Looks like a Large Wall Brown?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

07-07-2019, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by toners ->
Well spotted Tiffany (no pun intended)Looks like a Large Wall Brown?
Thanks Toners, yes a Wall Brown, window looks rather grubby.
toners
Cheshire
toners is male  toners has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 08:35 PM

Thanks Toners, yes a Wall Brown, window looks rather grubby.
No not really Tiff but I also get huffy about my windows if they are not spotless- and lovely sunsets always show the window streaks!
The Wall Brown must be a southern migrant- was it recent? Perhaps the recent warm weather brought it up to you. Lovely photo.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

07-07-2019, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by toners ->
No not really Tiff but I also get huffy about my windows if they are not spotless- and lovely sunsets always show the window streaks!
The Wall Brown must be a southern migrant- was it recent? Perhaps the recent warm weather brought it up to you. Lovely photo.
It was a few years ago, I took that photo, we used to get several, but, sadly, I haven't seen any in the last couple of years.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 04:34 AM

We, us birders, would be delighted here to see either bird as we don't get those at all.
My whinge about parrots of all descriptions (rosellas, lorrikets, corellas etc) is that they just shriek. They would have to be the most unmusical of birds though they are quite pretty.

Magpies on the other hand sound beautiful - love 'em - along with cicadas they are the sound of Australia to me.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

08-07-2019, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
My whinge about parrots of all descriptions (rosellas, lorrikets, corellas etc) is that they just shriek. They would have to be the most unmusical of birds though they are quite pretty.

Magpies on the other hand sound beautiful - love 'em - along with cicadas they are the sound of Australia to me.
Now our Magpies are totally different to yours, they don't sing, ours squawk & shriek
Richmond
United Kingdom
Richmond is female  Richmond has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 10:43 PM

Butterfly on the window.
What a beauty, Tiffany!

Page 26 of 32 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top