Join for free
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 09:57 AM

Re: Are you organised?

I'm fairly well organised and put things in safe places, often never to be seen again.

I looked for my cheque book yesterday having not used it for ages. It was just where I thought it was, which was quite unusual and a bit of a surprise.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 10:03 AM

Absolutely to the point of being obsessive about it.
Everything is sorted and situations planned with all eventualities covered....
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Putting things in a safe place and then not being able to find them again is my downfall. Sometimes I remember to make a note on my phone. This has saved me hours of angst.
I send encrypted emails to myself.

Is this a man thing?
An age thing.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 10:26 AM

Yes because I use my mind like a personal organiser. If there's a build-up of things to do I like to get them sorted out as soon as possible. I hate things stacking up and playing on my mind.

I'm meticulous with time-keeping and never keep people waiting - if I say I'll be there at certain time, I am.
My music files and extremely well-organised with categories alphabetical, by artist, genre and year. About two million songs easily reached instantly from one 2TB external hard drive.

I know in advance what shopping I need, though I do enjoy browsing too. It's when I'm at the checkout I get flustered and need to ask the checkout operator to 'go steady on me', although I've recently got used to Aldi and the way they throw everything at you like a house falling down on your head.

I have all my plans for the future sorted out ready to put into action when I eventually get this damned pension!! Then life will be plain sailing, hopefully

People who are disorganised and can't get their act together annoy me intensely. How can they go around letting people down by being late or not bothering to return things you have lent them?
And those who let their wives do everything for them are plain selfish, bone idle and have no respect. More fool their wives for being fickle and stupid. That's the age where the man was expected to go to work and earn the money while the wife would stay at home and do all the cooking, cleaning and buy birthday cards. One of my friends is like that. He still lives as if it's 1971. It's basically a sexist and neanderthal view of life. I often tell my friend that if he was ever left on his own he would be F****d!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am fairly organised but not rigidly organised. If something isn’t done, l can live with it!
I won’t allow anything to rule my life, not even routine.

I always hang keys up straight away.
Same as this ^^^^^
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 10:56 AM

Organised?
Well, as a single dad with three school aged children and a full time job, I kinda had to be. Sunday night was ironing night. Twenty shirts among other items.

Grocery shopping was Saturday morning. I did a spreadsheet with everything we bought. The initial default quantity was zero for each item. Then, on the day, I added quantities for those things we needed for that week. That was sent to the printer - I had programmed it to print only non zero items. Voila, we had our shopping list and off we went to the supermarket.

They buzzed around to collect some of the items and they were each allowed one item of their choice.

It turned it into a fun trip rather than a chore and we were usually done and dusted in twenty minutes or less.

The engineer's approach maybe......
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 11:55 AM

Strewth Besoeker!

I'd go stark raving bonkers if I had to faff about like that doing spread sheets before I went shopping!
Most people just write a shopping list - and go.

If you don't mind me saying, I can't see why that is anything to do with being an engineer whatsoever.
How many engineers are there who would make a spreadsheet to go shopping I wonder?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Strewth Besoeker!

I'd go stark raving bonkers if I had to faff about like that doing spread sheets before I went shopping!
You don't get it?
It saved the faffing about. It was all listed without having to write anything down.That was the whole point of creating the one spread sheet. Not sheets.
And it prevents you missing things off that you need. As a busy dad......
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

07-11-2019, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
If you don't mind me saying, I can't see why that is anything to do with being an engineer whatsoever.
If you are not an engineer, you probably wouldn't.

Everything we designed and manufactured had a parts list. Each item was listed on a spreadsheet by the engineer. Description, part number etc. Our buyer worked from that spreadsheet.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 12:34 PM

I just go down each aisle and pick out the items I need. I don't have a list. If you stick to the layout you don't usually miss anything.

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top