Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 07:17 PM

The poor Kurds

The poor Kurds left to the mercies of that B****** Erdogan !
Many have been killed already .

By the American withdrawal Trump has thrown them to the wolves .

Not that there were that many Americans there but it was a restraining presence .

There will be a resurgence of ISIS .
Turkey has bombed the prison camps and many have escaped .

We sell arms to arms to Turkey future contracts have been cancelled but present ones will be honoured .

What is to be done ?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 07:51 PM

Re: The poor Kurds

At least the Syrians are lending a hand to keep the Turks at bay. Erdogan's so-called buffer zone he wants to create to protect refugees and the displaced is bullshit. He just wants to wipe out the Kurds, who, it has to be remembered, had their homeland of Kurdistan stolen from them my Turkey, Iraq and Iran after the 1st world war.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 07:59 PM

Oh well, the EU dream of expanding in that direction is best forgotten.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 11:10 PM

I agree. Erdogan is just another garden variety power crazy, narcissistic dictator. All the usual signs are there. Long finger waving speeches full of verbal diarrhoea, pictures of himself everywhere,pampering the military and police to keep them on side to stamp out any opposition. The usual garbage. Australia has had a military and naval presence all over the bloody Middle East for decades as has the UK. Maybe some of the comfortable and may I say smug and rich little countries of the rest of Europe (Apart from the Dutch a a couple of others) can step in for a change and help the Kurds. I'm not an expert on the Geopolitics of the region but Trump aside, I know Americans are tired of being the global cops. No easy answer. But still I think they should not be pulling out because it also helps the resurgence of what I heard one African man call..
"Nini mbwa mwitu anaweza kutapika" Which means that which even the jackal would vomit. ISIS
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 12:21 AM

.....and Lebanon is on fire !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-...res-in-decades
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Oh well, the EU dream of expanding in that direction is best forgotten.
As it stands thank goodness .

Turkey is supposed to be a democracy .
How can it be when they have Erdogan in charge .
He’s nothing more than a dictator that is what happens when men stay in power too long .
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 10:06 AM

It might stop Trump being re-elected, nobody else to blame for this.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 11:29 AM

And the Americans have around 50 nuclear warheads stored in Turkey.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

16-10-2019, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
It might stop Trump being re-elected, nobody else to blame for this.
Well is he really ?
Yes in a way but the rest of the world is out there too .
Why should the USA be the cops of the world ?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top