Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 12:54 PM

Re: Scotland Overturns the Proroguing of Parliament

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I disagree, THEY should call a motion of no confidence in
the government and thus forcing a GE? If they dont do this
it lays bare their true motives!
Regards Donkeyman!
You could turn this around. If parliament doesn't table a vote of no confidence, they apparently have confidence in boris.
They are confident he will stay within the law and ask the EU for an extension. Confident he still strives for ratifying the present withdrawal deal.
Patriot1967
East Anglia
Patriot1967 is male  Patriot1967 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Scottish law only applies in Scotland as far as I know. UK law is very much different and I doubt this stupid stunt by the SNP will stand.
I was going to question the jurisdiction of the Scottish courts over this, but I think you’ve preempted me there.
But I guess that’s why it’s going to the Supreme Court.
Can someone remind me the outcome of the Gina Miller case. Didn’t it get thrown out? Not that it matters, because it would, of course, get appealed. Remainers can’t take losing, after all.
Hopefully all the cases will be bundled together so they can get out of the news quicker in one hearing, rather than more endless shit
Patriot1967
East Anglia
Patriot1967 is male  Patriot1967 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 01:19 PM

One other thing; thanks to admin for moving my post to this thread.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Patriot1967 ->
I was going to question the jurisdiction of the Scottish courts over this, but I think you’ve preempted me there.
But I guess that’s why it’s going to the Supreme Court.
Can someone remind me the outcome of the Gina Miller case. Didn’t it get thrown out? Not that it matters, because it would, of course, get appealed. Remainers can’t take losing, after all.
Hopefully all the cases will be bundled together so they can get out of the news quicker in one hearing, rather than more endless shit
The Miller / Major cases got thrown out of the English courts because the ruling was that prorogation is a political position not a legal position.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 01:26 PM

Hi

It makes no difference at all.

Parliament may come back, so what?

Boris, by expelling his MPs, has totally lost control.

Parliament will still not give him an Early Election.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 01:52 PM

OK, I may have gotten this wrong BUT, when Boris was competing to become PM did he not make it clear that he would go for No Deal if need be? If so then why was he elected by these same clowns that are now having Hissy Fits all round.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 02:38 PM

Boris had a very weak hand to start with but I think he has played it badly and alienated even more people by his gung-ho beligerance, so which has now once again allowed parliament to ride roughshod over the people. Our parliament is now an absolute disgrace and a national embarrassment, they should all hang their heads in shame at their abject contempt for the electorate.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 02:44 PM

Thanks Barry, I'm not into Politics at all, and a lot of it just goes right over my head..
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Boris, by expelling his MPs, has totally lost control..
It made no difference because they weren't supporting Boris from the outset. They were working for the EU. They therefore had to be expelled.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Yes l agree Patriot! This shit is endless? We need an election
NOW!
We will soon see who the legal eagles are backing in this
Moronic shyte, but l wont hold my breath as the courts
represent the establishment, NOT the people!
This has become a battle between the people and the
parliament and now it seems the courts !
If Boris is forced to resign or retract surely there MUST be
calls for a GE? If not it must bring the motives of the
opposition into doubt?

Regards Donkeyman!
Well, as it is a case of Parliament and the establishment against the people (By the way, why was this case not heard in an English court?) the next step by the Turds must surely be to press for a Referendum with a Remain option in there, rather than a full General Election where the Turds would be held accountable. I hear this is what Tom Watson, Deputy Leader, Labour, is angling for. Of course, it takes about nine months to organise a Referendum, that would suit them down to the ground in the hope all of this current treachery would by then be all forgotten. He even had the gall to state that the referendum we had in 2016 should be forgotten as it was so long ago!! My God, what utter B.....d's.

Damn, another 10p in the swear box, plus 10p for saying Damn, oh flippin heck, there's another 10p.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top