Join for free
Page 12 of 17 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 11:03 PM

Re: Drumming up racial fear and hatred

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Once again Solly,you use half truths and obfuscution to try
to bend fact, l think you must be a lawyer in real life?
The man who did that was found to be mentaly sick!!
Donkeyman!
Actually he wasn't. He was considered sane enough at the time to have mental capacity to make a deliberate decision to kill Jo Cox. That's why they sent him to prison.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
The original remainer Solly brought it up AnnieS and the fact
remains that the man was mentally ill! But maybe it bdoes'nt
suit your narrative??

Regards Donkeyman!
I don't care who brought it up DM. Most of the remain chums on here don't talk to me anyway because they seem to have their own agenda, which appears to mean they have to focus on communicating only with leave voters. Many sound like the same person even. Perhaps it's my imagination!

I just thought it was poor form and off topic.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I don't care who brought it up DM. Most of the remain chums on here don't talk to me anyway because they seem to have their own agenda, which appears to mean they have to focus on communicating only with leave voters. Many sound like the same person even. Perhaps it's my imagination!

Just imagining things annie. Could it be that all arguments have been exchanged, and newly joined can only deliver arguments that the others already chewed to the bone?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Speaking of which.....How are things in Brussels these days?
Tedious. Waiting for boris or his emissary to come up with proposals for the backstop. He announced with great valour he had something to offer. As usual, baked air.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

27-09-2019, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Just imagining things annie. Could it be that all arguments have been exchanged, and newly joined can only deliver arguments that the others already chewed to the bone?
Not really. In the real world I have plenty of remain friends and leave friends. You can have a good discussion with both leave and remain friends. Here it's very artificial. There are many real leave voters here who are normal people but (apart from me) the remain advocates only post on the brexit forum and aren't interested in communicating with others of a like mind. Very little personality comes across.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

28-09-2019, 12:19 AM

Not really. In the real world I have plenty of remain friends and leave friends. You can have a good discussion with both leave and remain friends. Here it's very artificial. There are many real leave voters here who are normal people but (apart from me) the remain advocates only post on the brexit forum and aren't interested in communicating with others of a like mind. Very little personality comes across.
I can only speak for myself. I have been on the brexit forum for some time, and that was a deliberate choice. Never been on a forum before.
During that period I was encouraged to visit other parts of the forum. Which I did.
On subjects that interested me, I mostly encountered the same posters as on brexit. What struck me was the fact that there too, debate dominated the exchange. The same opinions sounded through the debate, so I lost interest.
So I am one of those you describe in your post.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I can only speak for myself. I have been on the brexit forum for some time, and that was a deliberate choice. Never been on a forum before.
During that period I was encouraged to visit other parts of the forum. Which I did.
On subjects that interested me, I mostly encountered the same posters as on brexit. What struck me was the fact that there too, debate dominated the exchange. The same opinions sounded through the debate, so I lost interest.
So I am one of those you describe in your post.
It sounds like you are far too intellectual to be the member of a common forum Solasch....
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 08:37 AM

Yes it's interesting that in my circle of friends there are leavers and remainers...we haven't fallen out because of our differences not in the least but here on the forum there is a divide and you are in one camp or the other...it all gets very heated doesn't it. Its the reason i think a lot of people stay off the Brexit posts .....its a bit dangerous
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 11:10 AM

I agree!
Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 11:41 AM

Actually he wasn't. He was considered sane enough at the time to have mental capacity to make a deliberate decision to kill Jo Cox. That's why they sent him to prison.
But you assocciated remainers with reading nazi literiture and
owning nazi emblems etc, etc! AnieS! Do you REALLY believe
that? What about your remainer freinds you speak about?
They wont be happy with you if they heard that??
Imo you and a lot of the other remainers should try to
control the mostly self generated fears and doubts you have
and try to think in a rational manner from now on!
Remember always that democracy demands that the majority
gets the decision, and the minority abide by it??
I should'nt have to lecture adult people like yourself about this
basic rule???

Regards Donkeyman!

Page 12 of 17 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top