Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 11:27 PM

Fed up of Fireworks!

Last week end and every night this week it has been like Armageddon round here. They are still at it now!! My patience is wearing very thin. Pets and wildlife have no chance against these thoughtless oiks.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 11:39 PM

Re: Fed up of Fireworks!

Yep! They are a pain. Yet more here tonight also.
I did sign the petition, in fact several over the years, to ban them for sale to the general public, organised displays only, but nowt has come of it.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 11:39 PM

It's not in aid of anything ST?...JUst yobs letting off fireworks is it?..Either way that sucks if it's going on all the time. You're entitled to peace. What are the cops doing about it?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
It's not in aid of anything ST?...JUst yobs letting off fireworks is it?..Either way that sucks if it's going on all the time. You're entitled to peace. What are the cops doing about it?
Cops, Keezoy? It is so long since I've seen one of those round here I doubt I would recognize one!!

It is people with more money than sense anyway - the last rocket that just went up would have cost around £30 (about 56 Australian dollars?). It is time fireworks were banned from public sale.

Time was they were only around on Guy Fawkes night - now it seems any night will do. It is so unfair to pets and wildlife.

My poor cats have been behind the sofa for most of the week!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 12:08 AM

It hasn't been too bad here this year, only heard a few bangs.

I'm wondering if it's because our local Sainsbury's has stopped selling fireworks this year.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 03:38 AM

A bit of citizen action is in order do you think?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 04:29 AM

Hi

Our big Fireworks display has been cancelled for the second time due to flooding.

They are going to try again next weekend.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

11-11-2019, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
A bit of citizen action is in order do you think?
Several of us have complained to the Council - but our current lot are so feeble I doubt they will take action.

I am not a killjoy but enough is enough!

What I would like to see happen is either:-

Fireworks only sold to the public on the actual day, November 5th.

or

Sale of fireworks to the public banned and only formal displays allowed.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top