Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 09:23 AM

Re: Washing Machine Warning.

Tuts......just my luck I have one of the affected machines.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 09:41 AM

Hi

I have a new Bush Washing Machine.

Bush is a brand name owned by Sainsbury's.

They do not make anything themselves, sourced from factories all over the world.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I like my top loader, no stupid doors locks or seals and they spin faster, when my Hoover finally kicks the bucket I will get another top loader.

Hoover make really crap vacuum cleaners but their washing machines just seem to keep going.

Top loaders are virtually unknown in the UK. Utility rooms are less common and most people have their washing machines under a counter top.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
I have an Indiset washing machine. How do I know if it is one of the 'danger models?
Got me worried now.
here are the serial numbers of the affected washing machines Ben you'll find your serial number inside the door of your machine.

FML 742P UK Hotpoint
WMAOD 743G UK Hotpoint
WMAOD 743P UK Hotpoint
WMAQB 721P UK.M Hotpoint
WMAQC 641P UK.M Hotpoint
WMAQC 741G UK Hotpoint
WMAQC 741P UK Hotpoint
WMAQC 741P UK.M Hotpoint
WMAQF 621G UK Hotpoint
WMAQF 621P UK Hotpoint
WMAQF 641 P UK.M Hotpoint
WMAQF 721G UK Hotpoint
WMAQF 721P UK.M Hotpoint
WMAQL 621G UK Hotpoint
WMBF 742G UK Hotpoint
WMBF 742K UK Hotpoint
WMBF 742P UK Hotpoint
WMBF 742P UK.M Hotpoint
WMBF 763P UK Hotpoint
WMEF 722 BC UK Hotpoint
WMEF 742 P UK Hotpoint
WMEUF 722P UK Hotpoint
WMEUF 743G UK Hotpoint
WMEUF 743P UK Hotpoint
WMFG 741P UK Hotpoint
WMFG 741P UK.M Hotpoint
WMFUG 742 P UK.M Hotpoint
WMFUG 742G UK Hotpoint
WMFUG 742P UK Hotpoint
WMFUG 842P UK.M Hotpoint
WMJLF 842P UK Hotpoint
WMJLL 742P UK Hotpoint
WMSAQG 621P UK Hotpoint
WMXTF 742G UK Hotpoint
WMXTF 742K UK Hotpoint
WMXTF 742P UK Hotpoint
WMXTF 742P UK.M Hotpoint
WMXTF 842P UK.M Hotpoint
WMYL 7151PS UK Hotpoint
XWA 81252X K UK Indesit
XWA 81252X W UK Indesit
XWD 71452X K UK Indesit
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 12:08 PM

Many thanks Wishbone. The only wording inside my Indiset is "Lavabianocheria".
On looking this up I see it was made in Italy so I take it this is not one of Whirlpools disasters
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 12:14 PM

As I said Ben the serial number will be above the rubber seal when you open the door.......fortunately mine is not one of the affected....there are only 3 indisit models affected.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 12:36 PM

When we had our kitchen done the appliances were all AEG, recommended because they included a five year guarantee. Only recently did we find out that AEG, a once highly regarded German company, has been taken over by Electrolux.

They all work acceptably, I suppose, but each has its faults.

The microwave oven (actually, it includes grill and oven functions) is OK, but its controls are unnecessarily complicated.

The fridge and freezer are fine, except that the frost-free function doesn't seem to work.

The electric oven is also OK but again the controls are unnecessarily complicated. The gas hob is good though.

The extractor fan is far too noisy and part of the ducting came away inside so that the extracted steam, etc, was being blown into the kitchen.

Finally, the dishwasher: now that is certainly the worst as it fails to clean things properly. Many's the time that we have taken things out which have needed to go straight back in.

The best of the lot, without doubt, is the washing machine. It cleans perfectly and has never once burst into flames(!). Mind you, it is an exception to the rest - a John Lewis model, though I don't know who actually makes it.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by wishbone ->
As I said Ben the serial number will be above the rubber seal when you open the door.......fortunately mine is not one of the affected....there are only 3 indisit models affected.
Thankfully mine is not one of the affected. It is about six years old.. I have been in touch with a local supplier and was told it only affects models up to two/ two and a half years old.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
When we had our kitchen done the appliances were all AEG, recommended because they included a five year guarantee. Only recently did we find out that AEG, a once highly regarded German company, has been taken over by Electrolux.

They all work acceptably, I suppose, but each has its faults.

The microwave oven (actually, it includes grill and oven functions) is OK, but its controls are unnecessarily complicated.

The fridge and freezer are fine, except that the frost-free function doesn't seem to work.

The electric oven is also OK but again the controls are unnecessarily complicated. The gas hob is good though.

The extractor fan is far too noisy and part of the ducting came away inside so that the extracted steam, etc, was being blown into the kitchen.

Finally, the dishwasher: now that is certainly the worst as it fails to clean things properly. Many's the time that we have taken things out which have needed to go straight back in.

The best of the lot, without doubt, is the washing machine. It cleans perfectly and has never once burst into flames(!). Mind you, it is an exception to the rest - a John Lewis model, though I don't know who actually makes it.
Think they’re made by AEG
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 07:14 PM

It looked to me as though they’ve ran the heater wiring through the doorlock, hence why the advice was to use only on very low temperatures, there was a washing machine engineer on tv last night, and he showed the faulty door lock, the wiring looked rather thick, so it could take the higher amps, seems strange to me if that’s the case...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top