Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2019, 08:11 PM

Re: Paying into a.n.other’s bank account

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
So Baz
..... following on from that advice I deposited cash in person with a teller at my bank .

Then went online to make the transfer. All went well until the final page when I was asked to ring the number given because this was going to a new recipient.
Then because it was the fraud dept. I was asked all manner of questions!!! Did I know the person, why was I making a large transfer being just two of them.
It ended where the agent said she was not going to allow the transaction because she suspected it could be going to a person pretending to be whoever because the sort code of that particular bank wasn't where I said it ought to be in the country. Have you ever heard such a tale?
So furious at this I looked the sort code up myself following your link and guess what?
I was correct, she was wrong because she was looking at where the XX bank's HQ were, which was way down the UK in Kent, not where that sort code's branch was situated.
Several hours later and with another agent apologising for someone else's mistake after I rang to complain the transaction went through successfully.

But why with the sort code in front of her did X make that mistake sending me into a tizwaz?
Good that you have successfully completed what you wanted to do and paid the money to the other person's account.

Perhaps the person you were dealing with just didn't know her job? All we can hope is that she receives further training.

The problem is that the few 'no-goods' are spoiling it for the majority, that is happening with a lot of things. There are certainly a lot of 'no-goods' when it comes to money laundering and accessing the bank accounts of others to take what is not theirs. I guess the banks can only try and stop this by whatever means necessary but it often means as customers we are being more inconvenienced than the 'no-goods'!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2020, 01:04 PM

Re: Paying into a.n.other’s bank account

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Good that you have successfully completed what you wanted to do and paid the money to the other person's account.

Perhaps the person you were dealing with just didn't know her job? All we can hope is that she receives further training.

The problem is that the few 'no-goods' are spoiling it for the majority, that is happening with a lot of things. There are certainly a lot of 'no-goods' when it comes to money laundering and accessing the bank accounts of others to take what is not theirs. I guess the banks can only try and stop this by whatever means necessary but it often means as customers we are being more inconvenienced than the 'no-goods'! :-(
Makes me wonder why we should deal with banks at all and go back to using cash. Each time a new system is devised by the banks to prevent fraud and theft, the 'no-goods' soon find a way to breach it...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top