Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 04:53 PM

Muscle & joint pain...

Hi everybody. I'm just back from a short holiday.
I've been recommended this gel for bone & joint pain by a woman I got friendly with..

I bought some from Boots the chemists in Llandudno & rubbed it on Tony's knees before we set off on the journey home.
Usually he's in pain with his knees when sitting on a coach and needs to keep stretching them out - with much moaning & groaning!!

He didn't moan once on the journey home. Proof that it works.

I found as link on amazon just to show you the one I'm talking about. It has to be the one with 2.32 strength.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HLR7P...=ams_ad_dp_ttl
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 05:11 PM

Re: Muscle & joint pain...

I've used the ordinary Voltarol for years and had mild success with it but I'll give the joint and pain one a try, Carol .... thanks for the link.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 05:21 PM

I get mine free Carol from my Doctors.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 05:54 PM

Carol, that's good to know. I had previously been recommended Voltarol but was not aware that it came in different strengths. Having read you OP, I have now placed an order with Amazon.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 11:28 AM

Be careful not to use it as you would the previous strength or take any other painkilling meds .
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 11:30 AM

Noted, thanks Zuleika.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Be careful not to use it as you would the previous strength or take any other painkilling meds .

I remember a pharmacist telling me that too, Zuleiker.
Especially don't take Ibuprofen and anti inflamatories, as the cream is absorbed, so it would be like doubling up of meds.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland

31-12-2019, 01:10 PM

I've just received mine via Amazon Prime and will give it a try over the next day or two. I have a doctor's appt late Friday a'noon and, if I feel it eases the pain, I will ask her about prolonged use.

Meanwhile thanks for advice.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2020, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
I've just received mine via Amazon Prime and will give it a try over the next day or two. I have a doctor's appt late Friday a'noon and, if I feel it eases the pain, I will ask her about prolonged use.

Meanwhile thanks for advice.
Has it helped you LT?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2020, 07:06 PM

I use it Carol as most painkillers upset my stomach. It's quite good.
I also use a Magnesium spray in between. That seems to help too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top