Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 04:46 PM

Re: Do You Put Milk Into Your Scrambled Eggs?

I never put milk into scrambled eggs - and I would never put them in a microwave.

One saucepan, knob of Irish butter, four eggs - and a whisk! Delicious.
Might try the cheesy version - sounds good!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 04:48 PM

SG, l always add a little milk to the eggs plus salt and pepper. I have made it without milk but it was rubbery.
I cook it in the microwave but not for long as l like it to be soft.

My friend used to cook eggs for sandwiches that resembled scrambled eggs. She cooked them in a bowl in a saucepan of water and kept stirring the eggs with a fork..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 07:20 PM

No milk here ...shudders ...
..just a gentle beating (not whisked) with some sea salt, black pepper, then poured into melted butter and lots of chives added when they are done...
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 07:29 PM

My scrambled eggs on toast:

Ingredients

2 free-range eggs
splash of milk
knob of butter
pinch salt and freshly ground pepper

1–2 slices of bread, toasted
butter, for spreading

Method
  1. Start toasting the bread.
  2. Add milk and butter to a microwavable bowl.
  3. Microwave on a medium setting for 30 seconds (until the butter has melted).
  4. Crack the eggs into the microwavable bowl and season.
  5. Whisk well with a fork until completely combined and there are some bubbles on the surface.
  6. Microwave on a high setting for 30 seconds, then stir with a fork.
  7. If necessary, microwave again in 10-second bursts, until almost set.
  8. Stir again and set aside for 30 seconds.
  9. In the meantime, butter the toast.
  10. Serve the eggs on top of the toast.

Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 07:31 PM

I always add some milk and butter to the beaten eggs to make scrambled. If there is no milk then IMO you have an omelette (albeit) a broken up omelette). I also think scrambled eggs are best done in the microwave as (unless they are overcooked) they will be fluffy.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I always add some milk and butter to the beaten eggs to make scrambled. If there is no milk then IMO you have an omelette (albeit) a broken up omelette). I also think scrambled eggs are best done in the microwave as (unless they are overcooked) they will be fluffy.
I prefer them cooked in the microwave, too, you can judge how long better & I like then soft & fluffy, not solid.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I prefer them cooked in the microwave, too, you can judge how long better & I like then soft & fluffy, not solid.
Hmmm, not a microwave lover but might try it.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
No milk here ...shudders ...
..just a gentle beating (not whisked) with some sea salt, black pepper, then poured into melted butter and lots of chives added when they are done...
Yes, you can over do the beating.

I liked to watch Ainsley in the 90s, taught me a thing or two.

His method ... eggs in bowl, quick stab at each yolk with a fork, then stab at the white raising the fork till the white broke up, continue 20 times till you've got a watery white with streaks of yolk. Cook but remove from heat when still wet.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

17-01-2020, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
No milk. Just four beaten eggs poured into a smallish cold non-stick pan with a small knob of butter added. Turn on the heat and keep it on low. As the eggs begin to cook around the edges, give the eggs a stir with a plastic spatula, allow the eggs to firm up slightly before stirring again. Take the pan off the heat occasionally to slow down the cooking process. As the eggs begin to thicken, add one Dairylea type cheese triangle that's been cut into small pieces. Stir the cheese into the eggs and stir until it begins to melt. Remove from heat and continue stirring (the eggs will continue to cook) until the mix is nice and creamy - never overcook scrambled eggs.

The next part, you will probably find a bit strange and will damn me for it, but don't knock it until you have tried it.

Share the eggs between two slices of hot wholemeal toast on which Marmite has been spread instead of butter. Try it, I dare you.
I gree.

Sounds good.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 09:20 PM

No milk. Just a generous chunk of butter, add eggs and cook on a low heat until the eggs are halfway set. Then take off the heat and gently stir inwards with a wooden spoon. The heat of the pan should be sufficient to make the perfect slightly runny but beautifully cooked whites scrambled yumminess. Add salt and pepper afterwards.

I also cook omelettes without milk. Just whipped eggs right in the pan.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top