Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Gaz55
UK
Gaz55 is male  Gaz55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2020, 09:15 AM

NHS Coronavirus isolation pods?????

NHS Coronavirus isolation pods in NHS carparks!

Also known as,.........shipping containers!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tion-PODS.html

That's the best they can do to help prevent the spread of the disease,lock people up in a metal box in a carpark ?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2020, 09:29 AM

Re: NHS Coronavirus isolation pods?????

They are not locking them up - just asking them to wait there for assessment rather than possibly infecting the A & E department as has happened down south.

Makes sense to me.
Gaz55
UK
Gaz55 is male  Gaz55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2020, 09:45 AM

Calling them "isolation pods " doesn't stop them from being shipping containers,locked or unlocked. A sticker on the side saying isolation pod,its still a shippng container.
Anyone going to a hospital for any treatment, should be treated with dignity.
I guess it sounds better if they ask them to wait in one of the isolation pods, and a doctor will see you soon,rather than can you go and sit in one of the shipping containers at the back of the carpark!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2020, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
They are not locking them up - just asking them to wait there for assessment rather than possibly infecting the A & E department as has happened down south.

Makes sense to me.
Me too, who cares what kind of 'building ' it is as long as it serves the purpose and is easily decontaminated .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2020, 10:48 AM

Perhaps, if they painted them or put cladding on them, they might start looking like something a bit more up market!

Like others have said... If you’re desperate and worried about having the virus, you wouldn’t care what the building was. You’d be more bothered about being diagnosed and treated speedily.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2020, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

Makes sense to me.
A sensible idea having somewhere immediately to hand for suspected patients to be checked over. I wouldn’t mind in the slightest.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2020, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Gaz55 ->
Calling them "isolation pods " doesn't stop them from being shipping containers,locked or unlocked. A sticker on the side saying isolation pod,its still a shippng container.
Anyone going to a hospital for any treatment, should be treated with dignity.
I guess it sounds better if they ask them to wait in one of the isolation pods, and a doctor will see you soon,rather than can you go and sit in one of the shipping containers at the back of the carpark!
Oh please , stop the griping in this very serious situation .
It won’t be a doctor from the hospital coming to see you either.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2020, 02:39 PM

I wouldn't care less if it were a toilet cubicle, if it was keeping me safe and from me possibly infecting others bring it on.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2020, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Perhaps, if they painted them or put cladding on them, they might start looking like something a bit more up market!

Like others have said... If you’re desperate and worried about having the virus, you wouldn’t care what the building was. You’d be more bothered about being diagnosed and treated speedily.
As yet, there is NO treatment Arty!
Just isolation!
If found positive, where do you go then??
And then what do they do with the container???
Donkeyman!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2020, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
As yet, there is NO treatment Arty!
Just isolation!
If found positive, where do you go then??
And then what do they do with the container???
Donkeyman!
If positive you would go to a proper Isolation Unit - there are several around. The container/s would be decontaminated ready for re-use. Far easier to do that with a container the hospital A & E unit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top