Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 04:58 AM

Re: Watches madness

That one on the right looks JUST like the one I bought when I did a stint as an undertaker,Bruce! It's in my suit as I type,it never leaves my waistcoat-and I do mean never. I bought it so I'd have an aura of gentlemanly serenity when collecting corpses from houses/homes/so forth. It has the silver markings for Sheffield on the lower back and it's 1910. I bought at the same time a chain,the full version,with the 'dangle',which has a 1910 silver rupee on the end. The other side has a small silver picture case-rather like a flat vesta case,which has a photo of my deceased daughter in it. Only I have ever seen that photo. I make sure I wind it right up once a week,so it doesn't become 'tardy' in it's mechanism. Although it's not often I wear a full suit these days,when I do,my watchchain is worn with pride.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
That one on the right looks JUST like the one I bought when I did a stint as an undertaker,Bruce! It's in my suit as I type,it never leaves my waistcoat-and I do mean never.
That one I think I was given it when I first went to the Grammar School so it is over 60 years old.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 10:40 AM

Yes I think prayer might have helped my general situation; certainly I don't have demons chasing me around the bedroom.

That's fascinating about the chronostasis, Pug, thanks for that.
Saintdave
New Member!
Sydney Australia
Saintdave is male 

31-12-2018, 12:00 PM

Sounds to me like you've entered the realms of the Twilight Zone with the different times showing. I love watches and was fascinated to watch a doco. (from youtube) about the annual watch festival in Basel. It centred on two independent watch makers and the amazing skills they possess in creating masterpiece watches. True artisans. Well worth a look. Cheers.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Saintdave ->
Sounds to me like you've entered the realms of the Twilight Zone with the different times showing. I love watches and was fascinated to watch a doco. (from youtube) about the annual watch festival in Basel. It centred on two independent watch makers and the amazing skills they possess in creating masterpiece watches. True artisans. Well worth a look. Cheers.
I'm watch mad so will take a look. I'm not buying any more watches, though.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top