Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 05:33 PM

Re: Most expensive painting ever

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
This is unquestionably one of my favorites. It's a montage of drawings and paintings that, over time, a Down's syndrome child did of her dad. Her mother combined them all on canvas as a Father's Day gift. Da Vinci has his merits, but THIS is priceless:

Now that is a truly wonderful picture
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 05:43 PM

This is obscene imo. I cannot understand how it's an investment. Do they expect it to appreciate much above this extortionate price? I think someone would only pay so much id they are obsessed with owning a leonardo. But it's just summing up all the ills in our society model.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Even if I could buy something of that price, I'd be scared to ever exhibit it.
I'd worried some nutter would damage it or nick it.

I am sure some of these people buy expensive things as a status symbol and investment even if they don't even like it to look at.

Personally, I'd sooner spend my money on other things.
Does that make me a peasant?

Nope not a peasant just a very sensible person Mups.
Although being a peasant is not a bad thing either,I have been one all my life.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 05:58 PM

The thing is if you have that sort of money it is no good in the Bank, much better to buy something that will grow in value. Its a bit like the guy that is having a holiday home built near us, he admits that he has more money than he can spend and the interest rate at the bank is so low that he says well i might as well spend my money on something that I can see and enjoy, so far he has spent about a million pounds on it and it is not even close to being finished yet . Just his one set of windows covers 177Sq yds fancy having to clean those
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
This is obscene imo. I cannot understand how it's an investment. Do they expect it to appreciate much above this extortionate price? I think someone would only pay so much id they are obsessed with owning a leonardo. But it's just summing up all the ills in our society model.
It is obscene ! The fact that a person has such an amount to be spent on a single painting, is positively unbelievable.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 07:50 PM

I used to have one of them ...
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 07:58 PM

I too think it's obscene the money could have been so better spent.
So many have nothing how much good that money could have done .
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I used to have one of them ...

Rehab44 is it still at the back of your garage??
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 11:38 AM

I had an early Picasso and a Stradivarius....both worthless so I binned them.

So much for art.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
Rehab44 is it still at the back of your garage??
I didn’t even like it

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top