Join for free
Reply
Page 14 of 17 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »
Solasch's Avatar
Solasch
Chatterbox
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 7,439
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
23-11-2019, 04:08 PM
131

Re: DUTCH Super Trawler

Originally Posted by Bread ->
You're just being silly now before, you were saying you would be catching your non existent fish for us

I see I have to spell it out for you.

Not allowing other countries to fish in UK waters (supposing that is not in violation of international law) means british fishermen will not be allowed to fish in other countries waters.
Your own waters do not harbour enough fish to fulfill the british demand.
In consequence, britain has to buy fish from other countries who have caught these fish in their own waters.
Reply With Quote
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is offline
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 20,719
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
23-11-2019, 04:38 PM
132

Re: DUTCH Super Trawler

Hi

Stupid arguing.

We catch a lot of fish we don't eat and export and do not catch enough fish we do eat.

That is a simple fact of life.

There will always be a need to export those we do not eat and import those we do.

Brexit is not going to change the British eating habits.
Reply With Quote
Realist
Chatterbox
Realist is offline
UK
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 9,199
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
23-11-2019, 06:04 PM
133

Re: DUTCH Super Trawler

Ditch the stupid Quota system and we'll be just fine.

Those in the EU will still be bound by it.
Reply With Quote
Solasch's Avatar
Solasch
Chatterbox
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 7,439
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
23-11-2019, 06:17 PM
134

Re: DUTCH Super Trawler

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Stupid arguing.

We catch a lot of fish we don't eat and export and do not catch enough fish we do eat.

That is a simple fact of life.

There will always be a need to export those we do not eat and import those we do.

Brexit is not going to change the British eating habits.
That's what I'm trying to explain to bread. Brexit won't change british preferences in fish, but it will change the conditions of getting the fish on their plates.
Reply With Quote
Solasch's Avatar
Solasch
Chatterbox
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 7,439
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
23-11-2019, 06:22 PM
135

Re: DUTCH Super Trawler

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Ditch the stupid Quota system and we'll be just fine.

Those in the EU will still be bound by it.
Just how much extra fish might there eventually be for the British fleet? UK boats catch just*40% of the tonnage*of fish caught in British waters but they already catch more than*60% by value.

French and German boats take a lot of saithe (a relative of the cod) which UK consumers don’t like. Much of the fish caught by Danish boats is so-called industrial species (sprats and horse mackerel) which go to feed pigs. Horse mackerel and chips, anyone?

Overall, the UK imports 70% of the fish we eat and*exports 80%*of what we catch. The UK already has most of the quotas for haddock and generous quotas for cod (which is anyway*growing scarce once again).

For British boats to catch what EU boats now catch – the so-called “sea of opportunity” – would demand radical changes in British eating habits and/or fish processing and exporting industries. Neither can happen overnight. Where would we wish to export much of the promised El Dorado of fish? To the*European Union.
Reply With Quote
Bread's Avatar
Bread
Chatterbox
Bread is offline
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 7,155
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
23-11-2019, 07:57 PM
136

Re: DUTCH Super Trawler

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Just how much extra fish might there eventually be for the British fleet? UK boats catch just*40% of the tonnage*of fish caught in British waters but they already catch more than*60% by value.

French and German boats take a lot of saithe (a relative of the cod) which UK consumers don’t like. Much of the fish caught by Danish boats is so-called industrial species (sprats and horse mackerel) which go to feed pigs. Horse mackerel and chips, anyone?

Overall, the UK imports 70% of the fish we eat and*exports 80%*of what we catch. The UK already has most of the quotas for haddock and generous quotas for cod (which is anyway*growing scarce once again).

For British boats to catch what EU boats now catch – the so-called “sea of opportunity” – would demand radical changes in British eating habits and/or fish processing and exporting industries. Neither can happen overnight. Where would we wish to export much of the promised El Dorado of fish? To the*European Union.

Our quotas are not enough for what we need. When I worked in Grimsby, catering had cod brought in from Norway that was frozen rather than fresh cod straight from the boats less than a mile away (what boats were left).

Not being funny but your just talking out your arse, flicking from one argument to the next, copy pasting from google articles because you don't actually know anything about the fishing industry, the CFP or the EU. The whole point of Brexit for our coastal towns (a lot of which are now some of the most deprived areas in the UK, if not the EU) is so we can regenerate and restore the industry that thrived there before the EU and its catastrophic CFP was introduced that devastated it, destroying the industry and permitting the wholesale over fishing and economic disaster to conservation in the UK territorial waters.

Further to that, we can introduce licensing, marine conservation zones and put in place a sustainable fishing policy governed by the UK, implemented in the regions to bring money back into these coastal towns, create jobs and encourage tourism. Then, there are the free ports we can set up and free towns.

If you want to just keep posting silly stuff about "all the cod are dead because the seas have warmed up" and "be nice to us because we will catch your fish" etc you just sound like a swivel eyed idiot. All you have to offer is comedy value.

Go learn something.
Reply With Quote
Solasch's Avatar
Solasch
Chatterbox
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 7,439
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
24-11-2019, 02:10 PM
137

Re: DUTCH Super Trawler

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Our quotas are not enough for what we need. When I worked in Grimsby, catering had cod brought in from Norway that was frozen rather than fresh cod straight from the boats less than a mile away (what boats were left).

Not being funny but your just talking out your arse, flicking from one argument to the next, copy pasting from google articles because you don't actually know anything about the fishing industry, the CFP or the EU. The whole point of Brexit for our coastal towns (a lot of which are now some of the most deprived areas in the UK, if not the EU) is so we can regenerate and restore the industry that thrived there before the EU and its catastrophic CFP was introduced that devastated it, destroying the industry and permitting the wholesale over fishing and economic disaster to conservation in the UK territorial waters.

Further to that, we can introduce licensing, marine conservation zones and put in place a sustainable fishing policy governed by the UK, implemented in the regions to bring money back into these coastal towns, create jobs and encourage tourism. Then, there are the free ports we can set up and free towns.

If you want to just keep posting silly stuff about "all the cod are dead because the seas have warmed up" and "be nice to us because we will catch your fish" etc you just sound like a swivel eyed idiot. All you have to offer is comedy value.

Go learn something.
First kearn to distinguish between posters. You attribute swimfeeders comment to me.

I have to assume you are an idealist, but Realist is more realistic than you. And that says it all.

Btw, when do you return the chagos islands?
Reply With Quote
Bread's Avatar
Bread
Chatterbox
Bread is offline
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 7,155
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
24-11-2019, 02:53 PM
138

Re: DUTCH Super Trawler

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
First kearn to distinguish between posters. You attribute swimfeeders comment to me.

I have to assume you are an idealist, but Realist is more realistic than you. And that says it all.

Btw, when do you return the chagos islands?
You share the same opinions as your mate. You said so yourself.

And now your making assumptions ... you don't actually have anything to contribute do you

#outofyourdepth
Reply With Quote
Mags's Avatar
Mags
Supervisor
Mags is offline
South West UK
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 43,939
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
24-11-2019, 03:11 PM
139

Re: DUTCH Super Trawler

Originally Posted by Bread ->
You share the same opinions as your mate. You said so yourself.

And now your making assumptions ... you don't actually have anything to contribute do you

#outofyourdepth
**Will you two please stop the bickering.

Please stay on topic.
Reply With Quote
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Donkeyman is offline
Melton,United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 5,128
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
24-11-2019, 04:59 PM
140

Re: DUTCH Super Trawler

Originally Posted by Mags ->
**Will you two please stop the bickering.

Please stay on topic.
Yes, it has been going on quite a long time Mags!
Cant you send them to the naughty room for a while
Donkeyman!
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 14 of 17 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.