Join for free
Page 9 of 17 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2016, 01:24 PM

Re: BREXIT: The Facts Behind EU Propaganda

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I totally agree Realist.
I learn a lot from reading all kinds of different views on this forum. No one should be prevented from stating an opinion.
The thing to note is that debating is a skill to be learnt.
Whilst this is an open chat forum, many threads are serious in their nature and take the form of a debate rather than casual chit-chat. As a result we get people at all levels chipping in and those who haven't had much experience in debating can find themselves frustrated because they find others can be articulating much better than they are which seems to give their points more merit (which may of course not be true at all). Sometimes you get people who are not at all used to having their views challenged in the least and find it quite an affront and take it personally.

All views are valid and we should imo assess them at face value regardless of whose views they are. Trying to stifle views or pressure people into a particular style or frequency of posting is wrong and should be strongly challenged.

Asia is a new poster, and has a lot of info to share. I am ready to hear it and gain knowledge and experience from the journey of chewing that fat.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2016, 01:50 PM

**Posts discussing the moderation of the site moved to feedback for the attention of Admin.
Thank you.
Asia
Inner Mongolia, China
Asia is male 

24-11-2016, 01:50 PM

Look, I’m cheating a bit OK? I’ve already told you I’m a teacher, it’s what I do for a living and my speciality is ideological theory. I debate political theory and social science, but just as I wouldn’t attempt to compete against an engineer, or probably your speciality, it’s not arrogance, it’s simply knowledge. The thread was not only about BREXIT, but the ideology behind it, which lost the majority of you as you started to debate me and not what I’d said.

Many of you are looking at this as a competition against a newcomer, which is the wrong way to look at it. The original thread post is what I do for a living; knowledge, facts, presentation. Later I’ll write opinion stuff on travel, religion, or food and often you’ll disagree and I’ll say, ‘mmm, I never thought of that.’ Don’t take what I say too personally, my first thread was just an introduction about something I know
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2016, 02:01 PM

Hi

Asia has his views.

I agree with some, the world economy is slowing, there are stormy times ahead and we will all have to accept a lowering of our standards of living and our expectations, Brexit or no Brexit.

War?

Well, we will see, if we stop prodding Putin and accepted the reality of the situation in Syria, things would be back to normal very quickly, no more refugee crisis.

I really would not be happy living in the Far East at the moment, China is being very aggressive, the Spratly Islands and the South China Sea, South Korea is winding up and Japan is moving for the first time since WW2.

Methinks we are better off here.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2016, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Asia ->
Many of you are looking at this as a competition against a newcomer, which is the wrong way to look at it. The original thread post is what I do for a living; knowledge, facts, presentation. Later I’ll write opinion stuff on travel, religion, or food and often you’ll disagree and I’ll say, ‘mmm, I never thought of that.’ Don’t take what I say too personally, my first thread was just an introduction about something I know
Hello Asia .... take no notice of the few on here who have lain down the etiquette on posting .... when their own idea of welcoming and encouraging a newbie are questionable to say the least.

It's a world wide forum .. I, personally like to hear everyone's views.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2016, 02:21 PM

[QUOTE=swimfeeders;1043536]Hi

Asia has his views.

I agree with some, the world economy is slowing, there are stormy times ahead and we will all have to accept a lowering of our standards of living and our expectations, Brexit or no Brexit.

War?

Well, we will see, if we stop prodding Putin and accepted the reality of the situation in Syria, things would be back to normal very quickly, no more refugee crisis.

I really would be happy living in the Far East
at the moment, China is being very aggressive, the Spratly Islands and the South China Sea, South Korea is winding up and Japan is moving for the first time since WW2.

Methinks we are better off here.[QUOTE]

Did you mean 'wouldn't' Swims?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2016, 02:28 PM

[QUOTE=Mups;1043542][QUOTE=swimfeeders;1043536]Hi

Asia has his views.

War?

I really would be happy living in the Far East
at the moment, China is being very aggressive, the Spratly Islands and the South China Sea, South Korea is winding up and Japan is moving for the first time since WW2.

Methinks we are better off here.

Did you mean 'wouldn't' Swims?
Hi

Thanks for that Mups, edited as suggested.

I really do need a carer don't I?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2016, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I haven't read a newspaper for 20 years because I do not want any journalists to have influence on my beliefs.
Just as a matter of interest, Twinky, where do you obtain information about what is going on in the country and the world?

I should imagine there are three main places to look: television, internet and newspapers, and I'm sure that all are biased in one way or another.

We are fortunate to (still) have a free press in this country. The wise man (me!) looks at them all and, in so doing, is able to sort the wheat from the chaff, especially where complete opposites (The Mail and The Grauniad) come up with the same findings.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2016, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Just as a matter of interest, Twinky, where do you obtain information about what is going on in the country and the world?

I should imagine there are three main places to look: television, internet and newspapers, and I'm sure that all are biased in one way or another.

We are fortunate to (still) have a free press in this country. The wise man (me!) looks at them all and, in so doing, is able to sort the wheat from the chaff, especially where complete opposites (The Mail and The Grauniad) come up with the same findings.
Exact same question I asked
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

24-11-2016, 03:06 PM

Hi

Newsnow, set to Europe and then Reddit World News.

A wide variety of reporting on those two.

Page 9 of 17 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top