Join for free
Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ethel
Senior Member
Ethel is offline
England
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 145
Ethel is female  Ethel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-12-2019, 08:14 PM
1

Have not been well

IíV had a virus for 2 and a half week, never never felt the way I did, woke up 3 weeks ago not felling good as the week went on I thought oh just heavy cold. Then week later could not get out of bed. Hubby got doctor in she said you have a temperature of 38 drink fluids and take paracetamol, I had been doing that. Then two days later it was coming out of both ends. So doctor came she said it was a virus and it would need to go through my system. Ok so feeling a little better had food today but oh god never want this again.
Reply With Quote
Mags's Avatar
Mags
Supervisor
Mags is offline
South West UK
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 41,501
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-12-2019, 08:19 PM
2

Re: Have not been well

Originally Posted by Ethel ->
IíV had a virus for 2 and a half week, never never felt the way I did, woke up 3 weeks ago not felling good as the week went on I thought oh just heavy cold. Then week later could not get out of bed. Hubby got doctor in she said you have a temperature of 38 drink fluids and take paracetamol, I had been doing that. Then two days later it was coming out of both ends. So doctor came she said it was a virus and it would need to go through my system. Ok so feeling a little better had food today but oh god never want this again.
Oh dear Ethel, what an awful time you've had in the last couple of weeks. There are some nasty viruses around at the moment that seem to take ages to go away.

I'm pleased to hear you are starting to feel better now though. Take things easy and make sure you wrap up warm when you go out. It's good to see you back on the forum.
Reply With Quote
summer's Avatar
summer
Chatterbox
summer is offline
yorkshire
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 7,560
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-12-2019, 08:20 PM
3

Re: Have not been well

I wondered where you were Ethel on the Good Morning thread... sorry you haven't been well but I'm glad you seem to be on the mend ... Take care
Reply With Quote
Zuleika
Senior Member
Zuleika is offline
UK
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,349
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-12-2019, 08:56 PM
4

Re: Have not been well

Sounds like what has closed several schools up in the North East .
First it was the cold and cough virus knocking the children out then the Norovirus was going to have itís turn which is awful itself .
Everything will come right soon Iím sure Ethel
Reply With Quote
Silver Tabby's Avatar
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
Silver Tabby is offline
God's own county!
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 18,808
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-12-2019, 09:00 PM
5

Re: Have not been well

Poor Ethel! I am glad to hear you are on the mend - your cheery morning posts have been missed.
Reply With Quote
Ray Cathode's Avatar
Ray Cathode
Senior Member
Ray Cathode is offline
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 1,503
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-12-2019, 09:01 PM
6

Re: Have not been well

Norovirus is causing problems at the moment, glad you are on the mend.
Reply With Quote
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
Lion Queen is online now
UK
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 6,511
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-12-2019, 09:49 PM
7

Re: Have not been well

oh Ethel, I'm so sorry to hear you have been so unwell. I hope you are well on the road to recovery now. Sounds like this has floored you.

Get well soon (hugs) It's horrible when we are ill
Reply With Quote
Ethel
Senior Member
Ethel is offline
England
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 145
Ethel is female  Ethel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-12-2019, 09:56 PM
8

Re: Have not been well

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Oh dear Ethel, what an awful time you've had in the last couple of weeks. There are some nasty viruses around at the moment that seem to take ages to go away.

I'm pleased to hear you are starting to feel better now though. Take things easy and make sure you wrap up warm when you go out. It's good to see you back on the forum.
Thank you Mags thought I should pop in never slept so much, thank god for son and D in L they have kept hubby fed and helped out. Never want this again.
Reply With Quote
Ethel
Senior Member
Ethel is offline
England
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 145
Ethel is female  Ethel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-12-2019, 09:58 PM
9

Re: Have not been well

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
oh Ethel, I'm so sorry to hear you have been so unwell. I hope you are well on the road to recovery now. Sounds like this has floored you.

Get well soon (hugs) It's horrible when we are ill
Yes it did never stay in bed have to much to do lllol and thank you.
Reply With Quote
keezoy
Senior Member
keezoy is offline
Sydney, Australia
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 1,246
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-12-2019, 10:08 PM
10

Re: Have not been well

Sorry to hear that Ethel. Viruses are the pits. No doubt you've heard this before. Keep up the fluids. Loads of water. Wrap up in a doona and sweat it out. Total rest. Good luck.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.