Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 04:19 PM

Re: Green tea warning

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Errrrr....What's Green Tea ?

Black, green and white tea all come from the same plant, the Camillia sinensis. It is how the leaves are processed after picking that result in black, green or white tea in your tea bag. White tea is when the tea leaves are allowed to sun-dry—this is the only process they go through. The Green tea leaves are picked, withered, rolled and dried—they are not allowed to oxidize/ferment—which prevents the leaves from becoming black tea. Black tea leaves are picked, withered and gently rolled to bruise the tea leaves and break down the leave's cellular structure, liberating the juices. They are then allowed to oxidize for one to four hours before being fired/dried by hot air to stop the fermenting.

Red tea (Rooibos) is a caffeine-free herbal tea that comes from a South African plant called Aspalathus linearis. The rooibos, or “red bush,” plant is actually green, and the tea turns the signature red colour when it is at the fermentation stage of processing.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 04:29 PM

i dont need a second warning ...so not for me now ..........
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Black, green and white tea all come from the same plant, the Camillia sinensis. It is how the leaves are processed after picking that result in black, green or white tea in your tea bag. White tea is when the tea leaves are allowed to sun-dry—this is the only process they go through. The Green tea leaves are picked, withered, rolled and dried—they are not allowed to oxidize/ferment—which prevents the leaves from becoming black tea. Black tea leaves are picked, withered and gently rolled to bruise the tea leaves and break down the leave's cellular structure, liberating the juices. They are then allowed to oxidize for one to four hours before being fired/dried by hot air to stop the fermenting.

Red tea (Rooibos) is a caffeine-free herbal tea that comes from a South African plant called Aspalathus linearis. The rooibos, or “red bush,” plant is actually green, and the tea turns the signature red colour when it is at the fermentation stage of processing.
Sometimes aren't you just sorry you asked ?
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 05:18 PM

Realist said :---Red tea (Rooibos) is a caffeine-free herbal tea that comes from a South African plant called Aspalathus linearis. The rooibos, or “red bush,” plant is actually green, and the tea turns the signature red colour when it is at the fermentation stage of processing.

I only drink Rooibos and have done for over 10 yrs, my liver is alright, except my breakfast latte.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 06:46 PM

It seems to me that all these"experts" come up with something or other that's bad for you in some way or other, no one has yet said that work is bad for you though
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 12:52 PM

If it is any help I have tea growing in my garden. Used to have two plants but now down to one (I have a very Darwinian garden).

Here's a machine used for crushing the tea leaves in the Cameron Highlands in Malaysia on one of the Boh tea plantations.

jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2016, 01:56 AM

The Chinese have been drinking Green Tea for centuries and live to great ages. As Bruce pointed out, it's taking the herbal extract that may be a problem.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top