Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 08:35 AM

Why Does No One Bat An Eyelid At An Old Dad?

I see, 71 year old lyricist Sir Tim Rice is going to be a father again with a 34 year old woman! Imagine if the roles were reversed, it would make headline news but old dads don't make the headlines and no one seems to bat an eyelid!
If it was a woman expecting a baby at 71, many people would be disgusted but when it's a man, it seems acceptable! I'd imagine many people would say, 'Good on you mate, there's still life in the old dog yet'!
What are your views? Is it a case of, no fool like an old fool? Or, Good on you?!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...GIRL-TOWN.html
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 08:37 AM

Re: Why Does No One Bat An Eyelid At An Old Dad?

I do wonder why a 34 year old would want to be with a 71 year old , and I do mean this with respect , in fact I'd love to ask her why ?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 08:47 AM

Ronnie Wood (Stones is about to become a dad of twins at 68. Men can remain fertile late into their dotage, so perhaps that might colour some opinions.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Ronnie Wood (Stones is about to become a dad of twins at 68. Men can remain fertile late into their dotage, so perhaps that might colour some opinions.

I know that, but just because they are still fertile, don't necessarily mean it's a good idea to keep reproducing, does it!
In fact, I wonder why men don't become infertile like women , as they age?
How can men say they have a male menopause, yet they remain fertile?
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I do wonder why a 34 year old would want to be with a 71 year old , and I do mean this with respect , in fact I'd love to ask her why ?
could it be money in Tim Rices case?
secures her and the childs future dosn't It?
P
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 09:07 AM

I think there is a big difference between elderly fathers and elderly mothers. Men have the ability to reproduce well into later life women don't.

I don't have a problem with elderly men fathering children as long as they are able to provide for them and that applies to parents of any age .

I understand Charlie Chaplin was 80 when he fathered his last child.
Good luck to Tim Rice .
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 09:53 AM

Could be a grudge baby?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 09:57 AM

Because I'm a man (or at least I was last time I looked, but you can never tell in today's world) this might sound just a tad biased.
Some people on here seem to have arrived at an age where they can contribute to an over 50's forum and yet have not grasped the fundamental principles of reproduction.
So enjoy this brief description concerning the 'Birds and Bees' from Old Grey Fox.

The woman produces an unfertilised egg on a monthly basis (other cycles are available) If it's not fertilised by the male sperm it will break up and be discharged.
However, if it is fertilised (Which is the preferred part of the cycle that men like) then the man will have no further part in it's development (until it's born that is) so the womans body will have to incubate the fertilised egg until birth, which will hopefully occur some nine months later.

It is imperative that the womans body should be in perfect condition and provide the growing fetus all the nutrients it requires to grow into a fine example of the human species. It is therefore essential to produce offspring while the womans body is in the most active time of her life; this is a very small window of opportunity indeed.

This my friends is why men can produce offspring until the day they die - even longer in the event that spurn has been kept in a sperm bank for use later. But if the mans sperm is not in good condition or contains some hereditery abnormality and the woman goes beyond the window of opportunity they could produce sub standard examples of humans and so should be avoided.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 11:02 AM

If men had to carry babies, breastfeed and do most of the caring 24/7 they would probably give up procreating at 30.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 11:09 AM

I would hate to be a father again at my age. For me, being a father was a full-time job, while doing a full-time job. I was lucky that I had a flexible job and could take the kids to school and pick them up, and, while they were young, work in the evenings when they were asleep. At 68, even though I no longer work, I don't think I would have the energy and patience to be a proper dad to a new baby. Nowadays I much prefer grandparenting!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top