Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 08:47 PM

Working in the Cold.

My wife works for a television station. They have an outside event tonight. It's down to -10°c already and they have two hours to go.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 08:54 PM

Re: Working in the Cold.

Originally Posted by Kev60 ->
My wife works for a television station. They have an outside event tonight. It's down to -10°c already and they have two hours to go.
I was on a roof most of today - it wasn't much fun.
Fair play to the missus and hope she's ok. Get that hot choccy readly for her....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 09:15 PM

My Partner is a Farmer and it's all weathers outside for Himself, he was almost blue when he came in for lunch, I will be so glad when this cold is over..
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
My Partner is a Farmer and it's all weathers outside for Himself, he was almost blue when he came in for lunch, I will be so glad when this cold is over..
I was working in edinburgh on a house extension fitting celotex insulation into the kit frame and strapping the former external wall wall with 2x1 battens.
No windows or doors fitted so a but breezy.
I thought it was quite mild this morning tbh no snow anywhere to begin with but it got colder as they day went on. By mid afternoon I couldn't feel my fingers and had to cover the window openings with 9mm OSB board to stop the snow getting in.
Heater on full on the way home and a bit slow going over Soutra!!
Might not risk the drive the morn !
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I was on a roof most of today - it wasn't much fun.
Fair play to the missus and hope she's ok. Get that hot choccy readly for her....
Thanks I will but knowing my wife it'll be get warm and then a cold beer, If you can understand that,
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 10:07 PM

I was so happy when my husband handed his notice in after 17 years as a milkman, the chilblains he used to get right from ankle to hip were awful. I hope all you intrepid cold weather workers don't get them they were torture.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 10:36 PM

,Well all I can say, sitting here by a lovely warm fire for most of the day, is kudo's to all of those who work outside and went through today. You have my utmost sympathy having to endure that biting cold. I didn't even venture out with HWMO when he walked the boys tonight, He refuses to wear gloves when he's walking them because he says he can't get a good grip of the dog leads. When he returned, the dogs were happy as they had their little coats on, but my big eejjet was frozen and said he couldn't feel his hands!! So goodness knows how cold your poor wife must have been today Kev, and every other worker who had to work outside. Well done.

Heroes and Heroins all of you.
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.

27-02-2018, 10:59 PM

Thank you S girl. My wife just got home. It was -16°c when they left the event. Crazy temperatures.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Kev60 ->
Thank you S girl. My wife just got home. It was -16°c when they left the event. Crazy temperatures.
Ouch to that!
Cuddles
And amen to cold beers!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 01:36 AM

Yea gods it's like the Antarctic here when I go out I think of poor Captain Oates!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top