Join for free
Page 64 of 66 « First < 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 10:59 AM

Re: Not going too well for Brexit!!!

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
What I find interesting is the number of people on this forum who predicted that Britain's leaving would lead to the break up of the EU, yet from afar the opposite seems to have occurred and the EU appears more united than ever.
Give it time. We haven't left yet, and it is looking quite likely that we never will.

In any event, the EU will collapse.

Tell me about one empire that never has.

Sadly, when that happens, we shall all suffer. It's a shame, because we had the opportunity to leave and make our own way in the world, but that seems to be too late now.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Appearances can be defective Bruce, I think the EU may well still fall and I think they'll take down many countries still in it which is why it's so important we cleanly break away now.
Hi

The EU will not fail, support in the EU is at a high.

Even the most critical Nations are staying in, it will change.

Austria, Italy, Denmark, the Visigrad Group are staying in and demanding change.

They are enough votes to force change.

Merkel is finished, Macron has violent riots on the streets.

Juncker is going, Tusk is having Criminal charges brought against him.

The UK is the only one to vote leave.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 11:01 AM

Only one to have that chance swim, give it time.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Only one to have that chance swim, give it time.
Hi

We are the only developed Nation in the World to have left a Major Trading Bloc.

Nobody else has done so, the are all getting more Free Trade Deals.

What you are saying is that the brightest minds in the developed World have got it wrong and you have got it right.

You are the loveliest, most gentle, kind and caring person I have come across.

You are no economist, the world does not work like you.

It is dog eat dog.

I am no Remainer, I have never been a Principle in negotiations with the EU before the Referendum.

I did however put our interests first in the technical issues I was involved in.

I was banned from negotiating with the French.

Telling them point blank to Naff Off is not a good career move.

It has cost me a Pension Loss of £18k a year.

It was worth it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 11:59 AM

I believe in UK I believe many economists disagree with others, so we have as good a chance as anyone else. But it's not an economic trading block that's the problem, it's becoming a huge federalist state, I no more want to be a state of america than a state of Europe or a state of china. We are an independent country always have been always should be.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 02:18 PM

[QUOTE=JBR;1578660]
In any event, the EU will collapse.

Tell me about one empire that never has.

QUOTE]

Yes you are right. Tell me about the british empire and gibraltar, and about cyprus. Last thrashes of an empire?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
The EU will not fail, support in the EU is at a high.
No I don't see that at all swim.

The EU has been collapsing for some time. It's idealistic model failed pretty miserably. It's a totalitarian regime that has been rumbled. When asked repeatedly to change and reform it has steadfastly refused. It's intentions are obvious to all free people.

The EU is desperate for us to stay.

The money we pour into the EU pot is significant and they will have great trouble replacing it. France and Germany have already told the EU dictators to sod off, they aren't paying a penny more into that pot when we leave. Other member states will follow suit. The EU will have no choice but to bring in more austerity to cater for that shortfall.

The member states won't weather it. Greece is totally f**ked. Italy is in crisis, its financial problems posted over all the financial websites and stock market portals.

The EU is collapsing. I don't think it can be stopped.

There is absolutely no point whatsoever in the UK hanging around to go down with the ship. We can only lose more than we are already set to lose.

The EU and its toxic Euro are done for. It's a dead horse, it just hasn't stopped twitching yet.

We need to get out. Before the axe falls.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Even the most critical Nations are staying in, it will change.

Austria, Italy, Denmark, the Visigrad Group are staying in and demanding change.

They are enough votes to force change.
People have been trying to change and reform the corrupt EU for years. They have all failed. It is a dictatorship which will not budge. It has a higher purpose being as it is riddle with Freemasonic and Common Purpose operatives. To establish its beloved One World Government and One World Currency.

No thanks.

We must leave. Put an end to this nonsense and seize back our sovereignty and constitution.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 06:53 PM

Based on the announced voting intentions of the MPs, it would seem that May's alleged deal, is about to be heavily trashed by Parliament.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ys-brexit-deal
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Based on the announced voting intentions of the MPs, it would seem that May's alleged deal, is about to be heavily trashed by Parliament.
Which is excellent.

Unfortunately we will then see the utter betrayal of UK politics as it then uses that rejection as a platform to undermine democracy.

We need to replace May with a politician willing to see us Leave the EU properly. We probably need to extend Article 50 to have the time to negotiate a proper Leave deal, the EU have the upper hand as May willingly gave them that privilege, but nevertheless we need to see the whole thing through.

I'd be very happy to see us crash out with "No Deal" at this point.

The EU would be stuffed, we'd only pay what we legally owe, nothing more.

It would be job done and we can then all get on with efforts towards making it work. There would be no more wasting time and effort on campaigns to overturn democratic decisions, no more talk of second referendums. We'd be out, line drawn, only choice then but to move on.

The whole country needs that to happen.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
N
The EU is desperate for us to stay.

The money we pour into the EU pot is significant and they will have great trouble replacing it.
I believe you're right.

What they need is another rich country (and remember we are the world''s 5th largest economy) to replace us, although our £39 billion gift to them will keep them going for a time.

Perhaps they'll attempt to rope in Japan and invite them to join their enterprise!

Or perhaps they're hoping that their fifth-columnists will ensure that we have another referendum that will be fixed to show that we want to rejoin their club.

Page 64 of 66 « First < 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top