Join for free
Page 616 of 737 « First < 116 516 566 606 614 615 616 617 618 626 666 716 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 11:06 AM

Re: Things that annoy you!

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
But who is influencing the media, especially the awful BBC?
Dunno Todger.......But I think they've got to Boris as well....He doesn't seem to have the fire in his belly that he once had....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 11:14 AM

He's faced with a damned if you do damned if you don't situation where the BLM nonsense is concerned. It's being very well orchestrated from outside.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, certainly the BBC. I think they are the most blatantly biased of all the biased media.

I don't know how they still receive national funding.

I hardly ever watch that channel, yet I am legally obliged to fund it. That must stop. We're seriously considering giving up our TV licence.

We have an Amazon Firestick and can watch a large range of things using that, including 'catch up' TV, though of course, not allowed to watch BBC i-player without a licence (though how they could tell I don't know!).
I do watch quite a bit of BBC JB, but never the news or associated programmes. Mainly BBC four or BBC 2, I like a good documentary or pointless!. I don't judge people who pay for their TV or internet viewing, but other than the annual licence fee I will never pay to watch anything, I'd rather go without and find something more rewarding to do. At almost seventy years I've seen just about every film ever made, and either because of diminishing hearing or abismal sound quality these days, I can hardly hear some of the dialogue..... And failing that, I usually fall asleep anyway....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

15-06-2020, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
He's faced with a damned if you do damned if you don't situation where the BLM nonsense is concerned. It's being very well orchestrated from outside.
Yes I agree Todger, there are forces at work here that none of us understand. With all this 'Social Engineering' going on, the world is getting a bit too complicated for a seventy year old also ran....Don't you ever get the feeling that everything that happens in the world or on TV is aimed at the much younger generation these days? Except those incessant adverts for life insurance!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 01:38 PM

Getting away from politics -

I think I might have said once before, but this really drive me nuts.

The utter stupidity of manufacturers of items with markers on e.g. doseage caps for medicine, kitchen jugs, measuring lids for plant food etc, that sort of thing and they will put the blessed markings (mls usuallay) in the same colour as the background plastic!!!

For example, without your specs on, you try and see 5 or 10 mls marked in white on a white background.
Or my Tomato feed marked in red on a red background!

Why do these stooopid makers do this?

Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Yes I agree Todger, there are forces at work here that none of us understand. With all this 'Social Engineering' going on, the world is getting a bit too complicated for a seventy year old also ran....Don't you ever get the feeling that everything that happens in the world or on TV is aimed at the much younger generation these days? Except those incessant adverts for life insurance!
Now joined by those equally incessant adverts for over-priced-paid-upfront cremation services.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Getting away from politics -

I think I might have said once before, but this really drive me nuts.

The utter stupidity of manufacturers of items with markers on e.g. doseage caps for medicine, kitchen jugs, measuring lids for plant food etc, that sort of thing and they will put the blessed markings (mls usuallay) in the same colour as the background plastic!!!

For example, without your specs on, you try and see 5 or 10 mls marked in white on a white background.
Or my Tomato feed marked in red on a red background!

Why do these stooopid makers do this?

Mups that also makes me angry! I have a see through pyrex
jug with see through measures on it!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Mups that also makes me angry! I have a see through pyrex
jug with see through measures on it!

That's got to be a man's idea, Twink!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 08:21 PM

LOL...........
I'm sure you do. And of some do.
But a lot of things are just approx.............
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 11:45 PM

Men don't have to measure anything when cooking.

Page 616 of 737 « First < 116 516 566 606 614 615 616 617 618 626 666 716 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top