Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 10:30 PM

Re: Car Insurance!

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Never really thought of it before Honey so I'm now a bit worried because I will be with Ageas Insurance Limited and checking them out on the internet I found bad reviews.

To be honest though, apart from Aviva last year, I've never really bothered looking at who my car insurance is actually with as all I wanted was cheap as possible so I'm leaving it as it is now. stevmk2
I like Aviva, they've been the cheapest for me for the past 3 years however, a company can only be judged by the way they perform when you need them.

Years ago I was with Direct Line and had an accident, they were terrible to deal with, every time I rang I was told someone would call me back but they never did, cost me a fortune in calls alone! They would fob me off when I'd ask where they were up to, I spoke to different staff and all told me different fairy tales, never again!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I like Aviva, they've been the cheapest for me for the past 3 years however, a company can only be judged by the way they perform when you need them.

Years ago I was with Direct Line and had an accident, they were terrible to deal with, every time I rang I was told someone would call me back but they never did, cost me a fortune in calls alone! They would fob me off when I'd ask where they were up to, I spoke to different staff and all told me different fairy tales, never again!
I was quite prepared to stay with Aviva Honey but they bumped-up the premium by £37 on last year when everyone else is cutting it!

I did try to negotiate with them but got such a snotty response I went elsewhere. stevmk2
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 06:55 PM

I renewed last year with SAGA - they seemed to tick all my boxes and their price was reasonable. They also had a good reputation for settling claims without complications.
WRONG!
My car was shunted last week - not too much damage, but enough to make a claim. I was concerned about my no claims bonus and didn't want to pay an excess, but was told "Not a problem" and I was promptly put through to ClaimFast.....who efficiently told me that I could pick up my courtesy car - on the mainland! I refused! ...... not unreasonable, given travelling costs and inconvenience. Then was told in that case, I'd have to pay my excess and try to claim it back - yikes, a potential cost of £250!
Then I was put through to SAGA LAW to talk about my whiplash - answered all their questions.....and was told I would need to be examined by a doctor........in Portsmouth! I asked for an appointment on the island and have now been given a date..........wait for it...........11th September by which time I certainly hope I no longer have whiplash!

Given that I have paid my premium for the services offered and which now seem to be unavailable in my location - a location for which SAGA were happy to accept my premium - I think I could throw a pretty good hissy fit in between quoting various bits of the sale of goods and services act.
Any ideas?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 07:23 PM

Lindy darlin' - I was a founder member of a neighbourhood Law Centre many years ago (now sadly defunct) and know a fair bit about the law. If you need to reclaim your excess from the third party, plus any other uninsured losses you have incurred (sorry I can't do personal injury claims) I'm here and willing to help.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 07:48 PM

I just thought I'd add this - this week someone's rang while I've been at work claiming that I had an accident 2 years ago that I've not declared!

My wife's confused about the company name and it's Number Withheld both times so now I've got to check it all out with my broker.

It's probably a wind-up but I need to be 100% sure so I'll do it tomorrow! stevmk2
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Lindy darlin' - I was a founder member of a neighbourhood Law Centre many years ago (now sadly defunct) and know a fair bit about the law. If you need to reclaim your excess from the third party, plus any other uninsured losses you have incurred (sorry I can't do personal injury claims) I'm here and willing to help.
That's a wonderful offer - thank you so much.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2014, 04:37 PM

All I know is the longer I have a ''no claims bonus'' the more my monthly payments go up..
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2014, 04:45 PM

I agree, when you opt to protect your no claims they add on the pounds!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 02:38 AM

Next vehicle I get will be a 'classic' with no tax and low insurance.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I just thought I'd add this - this week someone's rang while I've been at work claiming that I had an accident 2 years ago that I've not declared!

My wife's confused about the company name and it's Number Withheld both times so now I've got to check it all out with my broker.

It's probably a wind-up but I need to be 100% sure so I'll do it tomorrow! stevmk2
I had a call such as that,I went on to say could they e-mail my solicitor with all the relevant details,they hung up.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top