Join for free
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 01:30 AM

Unoccupied property Insurance?

Has anyone ever had this? I've been searching for days now to get the right cover, some have too many stipulations or they're very expensive, I have to find a good deal very soon!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 07:23 AM

Re: Unoccupied property Insurance?

We used a company called Home Protect Honey, it's not cheap and the minimum period is 12 months regardless, but we thought it was worth it for peace of mind.
https://www.homeprotect.co.uk
Worth a look perhaps...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2016, 11:27 AM

When my Mum was in hospital after a nasty fall, the hospital wanted her to go into residential care once 'released.'
Eventually she did, and I had to let her insurance people know her house was unoccupied. They were not happy.
They increased her payments straight away, and asked if heating would be left on, (for burst pipes otherwise), and refused her cover against any break-ins. They also stipulated I had to visit the empty property and give regular inspections.
Madison
UK
Madison is female  Madison has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 12:46 AM

Hope you sorted this out, Honey.
I found the same problems as Mups when an elderly relative died. Even worse was when probate was granted the insurance was cancelled and I had to take out a new insurance policy which was even more expensive!!!!
At the time I had too much going on to be able to compare policies etc so just paid the premium. Fortunately the property was sold quite quickly!
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 12:49 AM

I trawled through the comparison sites and got a good deal eventually though now I'm paying double bills for council tax and insurance!

The good news is, I move into my my home next week!
Madison
UK
Madison is female  Madison has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 01:05 AM

Wishing you much happiness when you move into your new home, Honey.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

26-01-2016, 01:10 AM

aww thanks! I'm so excited I visit the house every day! I'll be there first thing in the morning as I'm measuring for carpets
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
aww thanks! I'm so excited I visit the house every day! I'll be there first thing in the morning as I'm measuring for carpets
Yayyyyyy

Photographs WILL be required can't wait to see the garden

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top