Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 02:35 PM

Re: Legalized Con

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
What about google and amazon Annie?

Donkeyman!
DM my Amazon invoices have VAT applied. I don't buy anything tangible from google so what's to ship?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
My gripe is this, by all means charge VAT on the products cost Ie £73.21 (£14.64) but not on the shipping cost 95% of the journey is taken outside UK airspace, what gives the exchequer any right on taxation of this, possibly and indication of what is due down the line?

Any international purchase should be well researched beforehand imho to avoid nasty surprises in the form of import charges and the like.

Maybe check out this site

https://www.simplyduty.com/calculate...rt-duty-taxes/

VAT

"As well as UK duty, you will have to pay VAT. Many people make the mistake of thinking that the VAT will be calculated only on the cost of the goods but this is wrong; VAT is calculated based upon the TOTAL cost of shipping the goods to the UK and is usually made up of the cost of the goods from the supplier together with the cost of shipping and duty. You are paying VAT on the total cost accrued when bringing the goods to the UK."

Try their quick calculator for future purchases
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
DM my Amazon invoices have VAT applied. I don't buy anything tangible from google so what's to ship?
You were talking of income streams for HMRS Annie, they seem to
miss the wrong people imo?
BDonkeyman!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
You were talking of income streams for HMRS Annie, they seem to
miss the wrong people imo?
BDonkeyman!
If you mean corporation tax then different rules apply, but I'm sure Google, amazon etc have to pay VAT like everyone else. In fact I'm sure they are very thorough in applying it to ensure they don't end up out of pocket.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top