Join for free
Page 13 of 22 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 01:01 PM

Re: What's your Boredom level Today?

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Had a VERY busy morning, several of the ewes decided to all go into labour at the same time, rushed off our feet seeing to them all, and making sure everyone was hunky dorey. Hoping for a quieter afternoon.

I know you must be whacked Roxy, but ooooh how lovely. Am I jealous or what?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I know you must be whacked Roxy, but ooooh how lovely. Am I jealous or what?
It's certainly been hectic, usually our lambing helpers would be here but because of the virus they're at their homes. Normally I faff about round the edges giving a hand when and where asked, making coffee and sandwiches ect. Hardly got myself sat down for breakfast today when Himself started roaring for me to give him a hand...or two.
Things settled the now so I'm in for some coffee..
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2020, 02:18 PM

Wick's not just a pop lol. But I do go over once a month to the massive Tesco on the outskirts beside the wee airport. Always take the dog with me as it gives me an excuse to drive over to the ruins of Sinclair Castle Girnigoe one of my favourite walks, never tire of it.
Hi Roxy
A massive Tesco! Wow, the only places to visit when I used to drive up there to visit my grandaughter when she was tiny were the Caithness Glass Factory or Dounreay Power Station. The little corner shop owned by an Indian gentleman with the impossible to understand Highland accent was there nearest to a Tesco one could find.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2020, 02:23 PM

Yes, it was built a few years ago. It's the biggest Tesco I've ever been in, has a big Petrol Station beside it too. The one we have in Thurso would hardly cover any of it's floor space lol.
I see Dounreay sometimes as I go to the beach (Sandside) there on occasion.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2020, 02:33 AM

I went to the supermarket yesterday - I have to go every 4 days to buy milk - there are some changes.

They won't let you in without a trolley to enforce social distancing (baskets are out) there are two people at the entrance, one wipes down the trolley handle with disinfectant the other gives you the trolley without touching the handle.

The shelves are much better stocked and I was able to buy paper towels - no toilet paper though but it does look like the hoarders have nearly filled every available space at home.

At the check outs every other self serve check out has been shut - distancing again. The girls at the staffed checkout no longer put your goods in your bags but she asked me if I needed assistance because they have people to do it. She also offered me hand sanitiser to buy I didn't buy it but I probably should have.

Apart from those minor changes shopping was very quick and easy, the car park at the mall was only half full. I suspect that with everybody having to use a trolley at peak times there is a shortage of them.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2020, 02:35 AM

The ABC has a new coronavirus lockdown era promo which I quite enjoyed. (turn the sound up)

MarciKS
Kansas USA
MarciKS is female  MarciKS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2020, 04:35 AM

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2020, 07:27 AM

Hi

My boredom level is zero.

Finishing off my house move with so much to do.

Transforming my garden.

Guy is doing online courses which they have now made free.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2020, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

My boredom level is zero.

Finishing off my house move with so much to do.

Transforming my garden.

Guy is doing online courses which they have now made free.
what courses are free?
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2020, 07:57 AM

Yes, it was built a few years ago. It's the biggest Tesco I've ever been in, has a big Petrol Station beside it too. The one we have in Thurso would hardly cover any of it's floor space lol.
I see Dounreay sometimes as I go to the beach (Sandside) there on occasion.
I,ve been to Reiss beach a few times. The only place I have been to where the bitterly cold wind was so strong it was raining up hill. Thurso had a bowling alley which was fun. Somewhere to get in out of the cold wind.

Page 13 of 22 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top