Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 07:12 PM

Re: How much water in your kettle

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
But how much?
Less that 0.1 kWh.
Depending on your energy rate, likely to be less than a penny.
Not saying it's a good thing to do but there are likely other things you could do to save more.
Ah, ok, I LL stop nagging him then if it's not much
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 07:14 PM

My kettle is always full, that's a hang-up from my younger days when as a child my father always said to make sure the kettle was full to save boiling it dry.

In those days there were also times when the water was cut off, ensuring the kettle was always full meant there was always enough water for about four cups of tea.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Ah, ok, I LL stop nagging him then if it's not much
Good!
I'll invoice you for my usual consultancy fee..............
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Good!
I'll invoice you for my usual consultancy fee..............
Aww thought you were my friend and do it for nowt
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 07:29 PM

Aww thought you were my friend and do it for nowt
Oh, OK. Just this once.......
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 07:33 PM

How much water do you put in your kettle when you want a cuppa. For some reason my husband ALWAYS has the kettle full and there are only 2 of us. If its gone cold it will take ages to heat up therefore wasting energy but I can't get him to change his way

Do you just put enough in for a cuppa or are you like my husband and need the kettle full, I've no idea why he does it, he does suffer OCD so maybe its to do with that.
My husband does the same thing.
There’s only 2 of us and he will full a 10 cup tea kettle fill to the top. I’ll add that he IS a fine man who puts up with me so can’t be all that bad.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

04-06-2019, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
There’s only 2 of us and he will full a 10 cup tea kettle fill to the top. I’ll add that he IS a fine man who puts up with me so can’t be all that bad.
Ha, yeah, mines ok too even with his funny little ways hehe,
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 07:41 PM

We have a lot of limescale and rinse out our kettle at least once a day.

I'm happy having about a pint of unwanted water in the bottom after every use ... that pwerfing sound of a hot dry kettle doesn't sound sweet.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 07:53 PM

Ha, yeah, mines ok too even with his funny little ways hehe,
Yeah. We have to have something to poke fun of them with
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 08:01 PM

How much water do you put in your kettle when you want a cuppa. For some reason my husband ALWAYS has the kettle full and there are only 2 of us. If its gone cold it will take ages to heat up therefore wasting energy but I can't get him to change his way

Do you just put enough in for a cuppa or are you like my husband and need the kettle full, I've no idea why he does it, he does suffer OCD so maybe its to do with that.
Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
My kettle is always full, that's a hang-up from my younger days when as a child my father always said to make sure the kettle was full to save boiling it dry.

In those days there were also times when the water was cut off, ensuring the kettle was always full meant there was always enough water for about four cups of tea.
Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Me too. I always fill the kettle right up and Mrs LD is always telling me off for it but I refuse to faff about with half a millimetre of water just to find out there's not enough.

And no Mups, I don't reboil it next time, I use a fresh lot.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top