Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 09:15 PM

Re: Thought for the day Sounds Familiar

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Seventy years of mingling pauline....
LOL! In my case it's been 70 years plus minging!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 10:44 PM

Yes Annie, some people can't see the wood for the trees, but the MSM is very convincing, and everything that some people know comes from the MSM....
OGF when I google MSM an arthritis treatment comes up (Methylsulfonylmethane).
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 11:05 PM

Nice post pauline...
I think we start learning as soon as we are born, I believe more in nurture than nature, and things learned from your parents stick with you for the rest of your life, whether you like it or not. It's very hard to discern between truth and fiction these days, perhaps it's because I'm getting too old to keep up. The only models and examples I have to work with and trust, are those taught to me by my teachers, when the world didn't seem to be as overcrowded or mixed up and everybody seemed to be your friend.

The school of hard knocks has been one of my tutors over the years, and you soon learn to believe in yourself and realise that your mind is a powerful thing and can be the difference between success and failure. There is a lot of misinformation out there today attempting to change the way you see things, and trying to provoke reactions, it's made me a more of a rigid person and less able to accept changes, and I trust very few, especially the MSM, who I believe are working to an agenda, and the more I suspect that theory, the more I see....
From the day we are born we also create a model of the world and every experience we have is compared with our internal model. If it doesn't fit it may be rejected as false. But the integrity of our internal model is entirely dependent on our ability to accept changes and challenge our own bias favouring our previous experience.

These days people are at risk of challenging their model with misinformation if the arguments are persuasive enough. The internet makes people lazy too. They don't check facts just accept what is on the screen.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 09:29 AM

Nice post pauline...
I think we start learning as soon as we are born, I believe more in nurture than nature, and things learned from your parents stick with you for the rest of your life, whether you like it or not. It's very hard to discern between truth and fiction these days, perhaps it's because I'm getting too old to keep up. The only models and examples I have to work with and trust, are those taught to me by my teachers, when the world didn't seem to be as overcrowded or mixed up and everybody seemed to be your friend.

The school of hard knocks has been one of my tutors over the years, and you soon learn to believe in yourself and realise that your mind is a powerful thing and can be the difference between success and failure. There is a lot of misinformation out there today attempting to change the way you see things, and trying to provoke reactions, it's made me a more of a rigid person and less able to accept changes, and I trust very few, especially the MSM, who I believe are working to an agenda, and the more I suspect that theory, the more I see....

Insightful post, but disagree about what I learnt from my parents stick with me for the rest of my life,thinking patterns enforced on to me growing up, hasn’t stuck with me for the rest of my life, I developed my own thought pattern many years ago, which has continued to get stronger,...I can’t even remember those old thought patterns anymore that were enforced on to me growing up.

Some of my thought patterns have changed, the old ones forgotten , the more one develops their own mind, the old thoughts of negativity and destruction ,are slowly waved good by to.

I was extremely weak minded growing up, because it was controlled by my parents, for many ,many years I never knew what having my own mind meant.......I am glad it happened because it taught me so much and still is, one will never stop learning..my mind is well guarded now.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top