Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 10:01 AM

Coffee anybody?

Do you take coffee, ground or instant?
Love a nice cup of decaf ground coffee a day myself, at 11 am.
Find it hard to buy the coffee that I like the most, which is a blend of Kenyan and Costa Rican, which I used to grind myself, this was before I turned over to decaf.
I drink a Latte when out, but I add just a little evaporated milk at home.
You can buy decaf latte, but you really need a frother, if you can recommend a good frother, I might invest in one and try it at home.
What do you drink, and how do you take it?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 10:17 AM

Re: Coffee anybody?

Decaff coffee drinker here too .

Used to be a very light sleeper and would wake with the slightest noise. Thought it was just part of my make up. When I switched to decaff coffee I slept like a log and have done ever since. Ordinary coffee is obviously a hell of a stimulant.

I like a few cups of milky coffee in the mornings but for years I used to drink it without any milk.

Invested in a coffee maker but just like a lot of other stuff of that sort it ends up gathering dust a lot of the time. I do drag it out now and then though. Just instant is ok with me.

Having tried quite a few blends I eventually settled for Tesco Gold . Suits me as I am a bit of a cheapskate .
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 10:20 AM

Had my (instant) coffee at 06.50 this morning.
Silver Surfer
Manchester UK
Silver Surfer is female  Silver Surfer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 10:40 AM

Black Carte Noire for me thanks .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 10:54 AM

Love coffee - haven't found that special blend yet, like my coffee black....
Love me tea - several cups a day .....
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 11:03 AM

I used to get through a lot of coffee, (6-8 mugs per day) but I drink very little these days, I like a fairly strong coffee - don't do decaf. I keep three coffees in at home, two instant and one ground, Douwe Egbert, and Nescafe Alta Rica (both instant) and Douwe Egbert's Americano ground. Just a dash of milk and no sugar. I think my taste buds must have changed a bit thojgh - most of the tme I drink water these days.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 11:07 AM

What a disappointment Wrinkly - I thought you were offering to make cups of coffee

I am a coffee fiend, love the stuff and prefer it freshly made to instant; at Christmas I was given two DeLonghi Icona Pump Espresso machines! I do prefer coffee made freshly but will drink instant as long as it's a decent brand. Thankfully, caffeine has no effect on me (wish it woud though, might get more done if it did!) so I don't have to compromise taste by drinking decaf.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 11:10 AM

I like my coffee but only black, no sugar, no milk. I don't mind instant coffee and recently have been using Lidl brand Blue Eclipse, which is absolutely fine. I use a variety of ground coffee and over the years I've tried many of the "flavoured" ones, usually Taylors of Harrogate, but I don't like any of them. At the present time I'm using ground coffee from Hawaii, sent to me by a Japanese friend who had been holidaying there. It's very nice but I find I need to use a little more of it than I would some blends, I like to taste my coffee, I don't like it weak.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 11:55 AM

Liked Dowe Egbert's Continental Blend but it vanished! I have one cup of tea first thing, then Nescafe Cappuccino,unsweetened with 1 sugar (can't have sweeteners) while I have a rest after taking Fluffy boy Floyd out, watch The Wright Stuff papers bit. Heaven!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Liked Dowe Egbert's Continental Blend but it vanished! I have one cup of tea first thing, then Nescafe Cappuccino,unsweetened with 1 sugar (can't have sweeteners) while I have a rest after taking Fluffy boy Floyd out, watch The Wright Stuff papers bit. Heaven!
By the looks of it Egberts is the choice of brand. I have a bag of it ready for use in the cupboard. It is still available too. I got mine off Ebay.

Egbert's Continental Blend - Ebay

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top