Join for free
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2012, 04:57 PM

Wild.

Every year I scatter wild flower seeds in a bit of the garden which I reserve. They attract lots of bees and butterflies, the patch is left to nature and I don't touch it until all the flowers have gone.
It's a bit risky sitting on the bench when it's covered in bees though

[url=http://postimage.org/]
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2012, 06:50 PM

Re: Wild.

That looks lovely and you have a tortoise, we had one when the children were little.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2012, 06:53 PM

Your 'wild' garden looks lovely, Mall .....
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2012, 07:44 PM

Lovely Mall, bees and butterflies, just what a garden needs . We had a toroise too, called toffee. I take it, it is a real one? They are very expensive to buy now
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2012, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
That looks lovely and you have a tortoise, we had one when the children were little.
Oh! Sorry Annie. The tortoise isn't a real one. My neighbour bought it as a gift for looking after her pet rabbit and cockatiel while they where on holiday.
mesco m
manchester

30-08-2012, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Your 'wild' garden looks lovely, Mall .....
Thank you Mags. It gives me a lot of pleasure.
But the flowers took a battering with all the rain.
mesco m
manchester

30-08-2012, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Lovely Mall, bees and butterflies, just what a garden needs . We had a toroise too, called toffee. I take it, it is a real one? They are very expensive to buy now
No it isn't a real one
They are very expensive to buy. My friend bought her grandchild one for her birthday and I think it cost over a hundred pounds for a tiny one. And then she had to buy some kind of a heated tank, with two kinds of heat lamps. I think the total cost was close to three hundred pounds.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2012, 07:09 PM

Your wild garden is very pretty and the bees need all the help they can get this year we have seen very few in our garden this year ...Lovely...Sue
mesco m
manchester

31-08-2012, 07:54 PM

Thank you Sue.
Yes the bees are in decline. I have been sowing wild flowers for a few years now, every little helps.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2012, 10:12 PM

Lovely garden mesco,the bees are fewer than ever this year but I was delighted today as there was a Thrush eating the seeds and I havent seen one since last year.It was a young one , this years.I was suprised when I saw the tortoise as I thought you couldnt get them any more. a woman here on the park has two she brought with her those big ones the eldest is 90 something and Joe looks after them when she has to go away.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top